Cannot upgrade....ARRRGH!!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

markvan

Cannot upgrade....ARRRGH!!

Post by markvan »

Ok I have been fighting with ecabinets constantly for the last few days and have finally had it. I decided to put a fresh install on this morning. After trying most of the day I cannot get ecabinets loaded.

I removed the software and re-installed 5.0. Now it will not upgrade to 5.2, and 5.0 has expired so I have nothing to work with. When I try to upgrade it starts the install wizard, I click the next button to proceed with the install. At this point it looks like another screen flashes for a split second, and then a screen pops up saying that I have selected to uninstall the program, press next to continue, with the warning that this will make the program unusable.....click back to make any changes. Of course clicking back does not give me the option to upgrade, it just keeps trying to uninstall.

What is going on?? I am getting sooooo frustrated after trying to get things working right all day. I had promised to meet with a customer tonight, but will have to re-schedule because I have nothing to show!!

I have tried downloading the upgrade file several times through the ecabinet software, and several times directlly from the website, just in case the file had been corrupted. Nothing is working.
Justin Melhiser

Re: Cannot upgrade....ARRRGH!!

Post by Justin Melhiser »

markvan
When it prompts you to uninstall, do so. then I want you to run the install right after it finishes and it should ask you to install the software now. Make sure if you have any cabinets that you want to keep saved off in a different file somewhere. Once this is done you should be able to download the latest updatte to V5.2. If you have any questions fell free to call me and I will help you out getting the software installed.
markvan

Re: Cannot upgrade....ARRRGH!!

Post by markvan »

Thanks Justin, got it installed following your directions... Thanks for the help.