creating a curved raised panel

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

creating a curved raised panel

Post by greg youngken »

I was asked how to do this so I figured it would post here, These are not "regulation e-cab instructions" I am not an instructor, this is how I get it done. Enter at your own risk.
In a nut shell this is done in the part editor, I don't have time right now to list all the specific steps, but if you spend an hour or so in the part editor you should learn this process.
1. make a display panel or cube in the cab editor
2. take it to the part editor
3. take it to the contour area of the part editor
4. draw the arch , on the panel, create edges, trim together so the only lines left are the finished part shape
5. return to the main area of the part editor and create part using closed contour feature, menu by right clic
6. take it to the contour area of the part editor
7. draw lines where you want to rout/profile, ie: create outside edges, then copy to the inside 2 1/2" for frame effect etc.
8. return to the main area and rout/profile the lines with whatever router bits you like to create a simulated curved raised panel
9. enjoy your creation
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: creating a curved raised panel

Post by DanEpps »

I have a video tutorial on creating a curved raised panel on eCabworld. You can find it on the Training page.
greg youngken
Company Name: Grali inc.

Re: creating a curved raised panel

Post by greg youngken »

Hi Dan, it's been a while. I figured someone out there would chime in. I use this method for vent hood type panels where doors may not work.
Grali inc. / Greg Youngken
grali.com