Multi pass

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lafras Uys

Multi pass

Post by Lafras Uys »

How do you cut a part 20mm thick out of solid material such as a plastic that can only be cut in maximum cuts of 5mm deep using eCabinets System? Can one use profile modler? If so how?
Todd Miller

Re: Multi pass

Post by Todd Miller »

Lafras Uys wrote:How do you cut a part 20mm thick out of solid material such as a plastic that can only be cut in maximum cuts of 5mm deep using eCabinets System? Can one use profile modler? If so how?
Lafras,
The profile modeler is not something I could explain to you in a few paragraphs.

But what you will want to do first is create a 20mm thick part in the part editor and apply a straight tool to the edge or edges you would like to cut. Then when you bring it into Profile modeler set your max penetration to 5mm. This will allow you to do what you want. I know this is a vauge desciption of what you need to know. If you would like to post the file you are trying to cut, I can take a look at it.

Or send it to tnmiller@thermwood.com
Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Post by Dale Wills »

What about adding in a new feature in control nest that allows the user the ability to machine a specified material in multiple passes? (more than just 2) This option I'm sure would get utilised.

Dale
jerry johnson

Post by jerry johnson »

Lafras, the way I do it is to change my waste board thickness. For instance, if my waste board is 5mm I would tell the computer that it is 20mm and run the program, then reset the waste board thickness to 15mm and run the program agian. Continue until you have cut through your 20mm part. This is a little cumbersom but it gets the job done. 8)