Carving

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Carving

Post by Brian Shannon »

Has anyone tried the carving program yet?
Bill Rutherford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Bill Rutherford »

I have run some a test pieces and a couple of paying jobs through the carving program, it is impressive. Basically, you load your part on the machine, set your center point for the carving position and go to work. We carved a few items in a mantle for one customer and made a dozen rosettes in Santos Mahogany for another customer. The carving program is a great way to offer complete control over material type and carving position. Another really cool feature is the ability to scale the part. You don't have to cut the carving at the size it was created, you can scale it up or down ( I think the limitation is 40% to 200% of original size). Thus far my customers have been very pleased with the results.

Bill R
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

I have ordered some of the bits from Thermwood. I am also set up with an account for the carving but just haven't had time to play yet. I'm glad to hear from someone that has used the program. I am also looking forward to the Custom Moulding program for crown and other trims that WE design. I spoke to Eric about a release date and he said it is very close to being ready. They will send an email announcement in a week or two detailing how to download an install packet.

Brian
Eric Shearn

Post by Eric Shearn »

Hello Brian,

You should have received a email annoucing the release. Let me know if you did not get the email.

Thank You,
Eric
Brian Shannon
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Brian Shannon »

Eric,

Yes, I did get the email. Can't wait to try it! I'm still working on those numbers we talked about.

Thanks,

Brian