Dumb questions about membership

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Neal Reeves

Dumb questions about membership

Post by Neal Reeves »

What is the difference in a Junior member and a new member? What does it take to become a Senior member? When do you become a Guru member? What is an eCabinets Beta Tester and how does a person become one? Forgive me for my ignorance please.
Neal Reeves
Country Cabinets, Inc.
Bonifay, FL
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Re: Dumb questions about membership

Post by Thom Davies »

Hey Neal

New member = 0 to 30 posts

Junior =30 to 100 posts

Senior = 100 to 250 posts

Guru= 250 to 1000 posts

wiziad= 1000+ posts

Beta tester is some1 who tests eCab b4 the rest of us get it. They check it for bugs and stuff for the eCab team to fix. I think you have to PM or email some1 on the thermwood team to find out how to become one

Cheers

Thom Davies
Glenn Warner
Company Name: Expressions in Wood

Post by Glenn Warner »

I have been waiting for the right moment to get senior member status. No time like the present!!!!
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Glenn Warner wrote:I have been waiting for the right moment to get senior member status. No time like the present!!!!
Glad you had your senior moment Glenn!!! :joker:
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Hey Dan,your getting more active, are you feeling better or just getting used to the pain,or the drugs..
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Frank Fese

Post by Frank Fese »

Thanks Neal for asking, I was curious as to how that worked.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Michael S Murray wrote:Hey Dan,your getting more active, are you feeling better or just getting used to the pain,or the drugs..
I actually have felt pretty good today (JINX!!!). One day I will be relatively pain free and the next I can't move without excruiating pain. So far the drugs only make me sleep and do nothing for the pain. :cry:

I finally got an appointment with another surgeon--on September 4! The latest MRI results show three herniated disks so it is looking like I'm going to be layed up longer than I first thought. I'm not sure if he can do micro-surgery on all three or not. If he can I should be up and around within about a month. If not, it may be three months before I can really "do" anything.

In the meantime I'm just sitting (or laying or walking) around waiting for a month to pass so I can see the doc. :wall:
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Glenn, maybe you will get a senior discount now on a new router!

Dan, Hope you get to feeling better. I had noticed that you were not as active on the forum and didn't now about your situation. I can appreciate your situation, I have problems with my back and neck from time to time myself and that is no fun. Untill you have been down with back pain, most people don't understand. Hope everything goes well.

Damon
Damon Nabors
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Thanks Damon...I had a herniated disk (disc?) in my neck 12 years ago. This was before micro-surgery and they used a piece of bone from my hip to replace the disk. After the surgery my neck felt great--no pain at all and the numbness in my arm was gone--but my hip hurt like hell! That took about 2-1/2 months of recovery before I could walk without pain. During the recovery, I had my recliner pulled as close as I could get to the bathroom door. I lived in the recliner, getting up (with a walker) only to go to the bathroom. I sure was glad when I could get around without pain after that.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Maybe you will have a better recovery this time. My wife is an RN and works in surgery at Methodist Hospital in Memphis and they do a lot of those type surgeries. She tells me the technology has advanced so much in the last few years that most surgeries go a lot smoother now. She tells me they even have CNC Robots in the OR now. The doctor actually sits at a computer and has a joy stick and the computer or robot performs the operation.

Keep us informed and I will add you to my prayer list.

Didn't mean to highjack the topic, Good Luck Dan
Damon Nabors
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Hey Dan,

Next time you need surgery Damon might give you a deal since he has a CNC, so he could probably get you all fixed up for cheap. Of course, you might need to help him with the programming. 8)

Joe
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

there's a plan
Damon Nabors
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Reckon you can get a bit small enough to do micro-surgery? :joker:

My dentist has video-proproganda in his waiting room. One of the videos shows how they use a CNC router to create crowns. They're everywhere...
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

A major use of Art-cam is jewelry design...
Damon, can I assist in that procedure, I am wondering just how we will fixture up old Dan as I dont think Vacuum will hold him when we start the operation, and if he flinches we cant be responsible for the outcome. Dan, neither Damon or I are liscensed anesthisioligist(cant even spell it) so I am thinking you are going to have to provide your own self administered choice of numbing agents!!Damon and I are also going to need your height, width and thickness so we can get the programming started. Probably have to start with a display panel and go straight into the part editor. Dont worry though Dan, were not going to charge you any programming time since you have helped us so much, in fact, I have always told you that you had a router at your disposal for all the help you have given me, so this one is on the house...Of course I will have to have Susan come up with some really tight release of Liability forms for you to sign, dont be scared though :wink: :wink:
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Michael S Murray wrote:A major use of Art-cam is jewelry design...
You ain't messin' wid the jewels dude!!! :lol:

I should fit on the table easily...5'11"h x about 18"w x 8"d (yeah, I'm THAT skinny :lol: ) and pretty flat so the vacuum should hold. In fact, I'm probably flat enough that a display panel should work just fine.

I got plenty of drugs that are supposed to be for pain but all they do is put me to sleep, so I guess they would work.

While you're writing the code, how about giving me some muscles and a new face? Nothing fancy, maybe like one of the BowFlex guys (then you could turn my wife into a BowFlex gal, too) (no, she can't see this so she won't kill us). :joker:

These drugs sure make me giddy and say funny things--what's your excuse? :joker: