Removing Hardware Hole Association

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jim Lovejoy

Removing Hardware Hole Association

Post by Jim Lovejoy »

I am trying to remove hole associations from blum slides I am using for Rollo outs so that I can add part editor holes in the ends to make the roll outs adjustable. I don't seem to be able to get rid of the association. I even tried to save a blank pattern as "None". The blank hole pattern wouldn't save.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jim
Todd Miller

Re: Removing Hardware Hole Association

Post by Todd Miller »

Jim,
To update changes like this, you need to refresh your cabinet. Do to this, click "Add Defaults/Define Items" button. Goto Cabinet Defaults and "clear" the associated hole pattern. Then click "ok". But now the holes still appear. Now just click on the Constructions settings button, then click "ok". Your cabinet should update and the hardware holes should be gone.

HTH
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

To permanently disassociate a hole pattern,
1. Open the hardware hole editor.
2. Click on the Disassociate Hardware button.
3. Select the hardware hole pattern.
4. Click on the View Associations button.
5. Select the hardware that the pattern is to be removed from.
6. Click on the remove button.

There won't be any holes for the selected hardware.
Jim Lovejoy

Post by Jim Lovejoy »

Thanks for responding to my question. I would like to refine my question a little. I have a drawer front with an associated drawer box. This drawer box has a slide and associated hole pattern with it. This is fine. Now I want to add two drawer boxes through the drawer box editor to use as roll out trays. I don't want to associate hardware with these drawer boxes. Does the hardware hole association default to the entire cabinet or does it attach itself to the drawer? Is it possible to have two different drawer slides for a cabinet or can only one be possible for a cabinet. i.e. 230 M Blum slide for a top drawer and a 430E full extension slides for rollouts within thew cabinet.???
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I beleive it defaults to the drawer Jim.
jerry johnson

Post by jerry johnson »

Jim, it is possible to associate a different slide and hole pattern to each drawer in a single cabinet. All you have to do is select your desired hardware before you add the drawer box to the cabinet. You can even have different drawer boxes with different construction or materials. Simply select what you want, while in db editor, and add to the opening desired. 8)