Please Dont Luagh! LOL

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Please Dont Luagh! LOL

Post by Thom Davies »

Well Here it is.

My 1st kitchen in CL. Its really not much but it's a start. Thanks to every 1 that has helped with with advise and to the guys who posted pics up for us to down load!

Also would like some pointers if you want to for like what light settings and other settings i should have and any other advise you guys have.

We have had ecab since Nov 04 (V3.2) and only used it to make cabinets then send it to the thermwood.

Thanks in advance for your comments. Even if they neg put them up!

Cheers

Thom Davies
Attachments
1st Kitchen Oven Side.jpg
1st Kitchen Oven Side.jpg (45.72 KiB) Viewed 8552 times
1st Kitchen DW side.jpg
1st Kitchen DW side.jpg (49.22 KiB) Viewed 8551 times
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: Please Dont Luagh! LOL

Post by Gary Puckett »

Nice simple modern look.

Is this an actual job or just a drawing?

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Looks good Thom. I notice there's not to many drawers, is this a designer thing or trend?
Thom Davies
Guru Member
Company Name: Dawn Group

Post by Thom Davies »

Gary: This was a job we tendered for a while ago. And my boss told me to use this 1 as a base to work off. Also to show what ecab can do. And b4 5.2B2 I didnt dare go near CL it looked 2 hard! LOL
I'll be doing more kitchens in the furture.

Rick: Drawer thing comes and goes. Some want heaps some want not many. Most of the kitchens we do there are usely 2 or 3 lots of drawers.

Cheers

Thom Davies
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Whatever they want eh. :beer:
Dan Voges

Post by Dan Voges »

Looking good Thom!! Keep up the good work!!

As far as settings go, Kerry is the master in this field. :wink: This is what he has to say about some of the settings that has worked best for him:

"LESS IS MORE
Place one or two ceiling lights with an intensity from 35 to 45. The closer the light is to a wall or cabinet, the lower the intensity. Lights close to a cabinet are usually set from 15 to 25. Lights outside of a window with a higher intensity shine through the window for effect. Low intensity lights can also be placed inside cabinets.

SHINE
Set the shine to 1 or 2 for walls; 0 to 1 for carpets and upholstery; 1 to 3 for cabinets; 4 or 5 for glass objects, coutnertops and polished floors.

I think that when you enter presentation view the light intensity is just displayed as 100% intensity divided by the number of light in the room. It doesn't represent the light intensity that you have set for each light. Be sure to give all of your textures at least a shine of 1 to be able to see the benefit of light intensity settings. The more shine you give something the more it reflects light. I rarely give anything a shine of more that 5 unless it is a mirror. "

There is a LOT of more topics that he has posted for others (and for that we ALL are grateful!!) so you shouldn't have any problem searching for it.