DXF files again

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

I just read your first post and realized you wanted to use a 6mm tool. I believe the actual tool diameter is 6.22mm so you can change the layer name to 'pocket z4p0 d6p22' and it should then choose the correct tool for you.
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

Here's what I was talking about with the overlapping dados. Many of your lines were still chained to the wrong lines. I use the \"chain select\" command on each dado to ensure it has only 4 lines and doesn't connect to any other lines in the drawing.

Regards,
Dave
Attachments
darrin dados.zip
(849 Bytes) Downloaded 406 times
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

Larry,
Wow! Talk about being on the same wavelength. If it weren't for the different layer names, I don't think you could tell our drawings apart from each other.

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

I just noticed that! You make a great point as well. When lines from different 'intended' operations are connected it screws up the algorithm in place for optimizing the DXF data. It is always good practice to keep all the entity's end points connected to only the other entities that are part of that particular operation. Nice work Dave!
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Guys,
Thank you all very much for all the help you have given me with this and also for basically doing the job for me!! I still learned alot from what you told me to do and it is very much appreciated the time you have all put into this for me. It looks great!!
Thanks,