Making a Bid

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Lamar Horton

Re: Making a Bid

Post by Lamar Horton »

Gary I would eat $1,500 if I made a mistake. But only if my bid had not expired and the customer had not made any changes. As I said in my post, I have made mistakes that have been caught by going over the job again due to the customers changes. I correct the mistakes and move on.

I sincerely apologize if I insinuated you were not man of your word. After reading my post again I see how it sounds. That was not my intent. Again I humbly apologize and beg forgiveness. :oops:
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Lamar,

No harm done just frustrated with this job went through it again, and still finding things that should be there and they are not.

I'm sure you are a very honest business man. :beer:

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Neville,

That is interesting. I hope we hear more about this. Dan and I have been visiting a little over a year about something like this. He sent me an outline of the software and we both agree that it would probably be a good thing to have the job costing and business management as a separate plug in utility or add on that was able to extract information from ecabinets but not be a direct part of ecabinets that would slow down the eCabinets software itself. Dan has ideas for job time tracking all the way to inventory control. I hope someone is working on this. I would like to know more about it, this is something that I have given a lot of thought and research to. Please let me know if you hear any more about it.

Kerry
Joseph Fusco

Post by Joseph Fusco »

Gary,

Sometimes we take things for granted when using "systems" that we "think" will always work the way we'd like ;-). It looks like in hindsight that it would be worth going over the bid before you present it :beer:
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

I agree, but with something so high tech as eCab. and as long as it's been around this bug,clinch, or what ever you want to call it should have been rectifide years ago when the program was in it's infint stage.

Sometimes" time is of the encence" and you have to depend on the tools you use for the trade, if you have to take all the time to make the drawing (and it does take some time) then you have to take more time to double check what you just did
that kind of defeats the purpose of techknowlegly moving forward,what wouild be the point.

Sorry if I sound angry but it's starting to get under my skin,you woud think you draw it, you save it it should be there.Not well I drew it now I have to do umteen different other things to get it to show up.
Then you have a buy list,a cost list, and a shopping cart why???? One list of items you need for the job should be enough. I am a one man shop and there is no office help to double check and sign off on drawings and bids.

I posted a simple question and had no idea it would have such an affect. I am very fair with all my clients and give them more than they pay for( just ask my wife). I just get mad at myself when I make a mistake.

But I will take it with a grain of salt and move forward. We learn by our mistakes :beer:

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Kerry Fullington wrote:...Dan and I have been visiting a little over a year about something like this. He sent me an outline of the software and we both agree that it would probably be a good thing to have the job costing and business management as a separate plug in utility or add on that was able to extract information from ecabinets but not be a direct part of ecabinets that would slow down the eCabinets software itself. Dan has ideas for job time tracking all the way to inventory control...
Anyone interested in reading more about what Kerry is talking about, please visit the Job Costing/Production Control Software thread in the eCabWorld Shop Talk Forum.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

I would heed to the side of caution Gary while trying to learn the software and run a business, generally to two don't mix. Keep an eye on your costing until you become more comfortable with the program.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Rick,

I think you are right, this is driving me crazy :wall: I am still working on that bid. The client and I talked and she was very understanding but a budget is a budget. We are trying to make changes to get the cost down, but every time I go to make a change a new problem pops up.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT