Announcing THM Desktop Edition Software

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Brent East
Thermwood Team

Announcing THM Desktop Edition Software

Postby Brent East » Tue, Sep 23 2008, 7:33AM

Announcing…..

THM Desktop Edition Software $995.00

THM Desktop Edition allows the user to run a duplicate set up of their Thermwood Supercontrol software on their office pc. This will allow the user to generate nesting sessions along with the code to run the files without tying up machine time. All of your control nesting features will be included on the desktop edition including Control DXF Software, Profile Modeler, Five Piece Doors, and more. Contact us today for more information.

Software is available to Thermwood machine owners only. Software license is valid for one year from month of purchase. A software maintenance renewal license is available after the first year, at an additional cost.

Forrest Chapman
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Announcing THM Desktop Edition Software

Postby Forrest Chapman » Tue, Sep 23 2008, 8:36AM

Brent,

Thats awesome. Do we get to beta test it? :D
Can you explain a little of how it shares info between the 2 systems?

Thanks,
Forrest

Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Michael S Murray » Tue, Sep 23 2008, 9:04AM

Yes,that is a great idea that I will definetly like to look into to. How will the tooling and other settings be handled? Ours change from job to job. Will the desktop software be linked to the actual machine software to do this?Will we be able to print nest sheets in the office, how about labels?
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com

Brent East
Thermwood Team

Postby Brent East » Tue, Sep 23 2008, 9:50AM

To be able to keep your information between the machine and office pc the same we have created a program called THMSync. You would load the THMSync program on both your Supercontrol and office pc, run the program at the control and select to save the settings out to a usb flash drive. Then plug the flash drive into your office pc, run the program, and select to load the files from the drive. Then all of your settings from the Thermwood Supercontrol match the THM Desktop Edition. At that point you can create the nests, write the programs, print the sheets, labels, anything you need to do and send only the G&M code to the machine operator to run the file. If you make a settings change at the machine just run the THMSync program again and copy the files back to your computer.

Glenn Van Reason
Guru Member
Company Name: TBA
Location: ORANGE NSW AUSTRALIA every now and then between trips lol

Postby Glenn Van Reason » Tue, Sep 23 2008, 5:46PM

Why thumb drive? I have found that if you have an office pc and a thermwood then they would mostly be networked. Can this sync program be operated over the network instead?
This message made from recycled electrons.

Brent East
Thermwood Team

Postby Brent East » Wed, Sep 24 2008, 7:36AM

The sync program won't work over the network currently. That is already the plan for an update though.

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Postby Georgi Baltov » Wed, Sep 24 2008, 12:06PM

Changing router bits on the machine would not affect the already generated code would it? What is main thing that could go wrong by generating code on the PC?

Hmmm, since I was one of the guys asking for such thing I am happy to get it. I will ask our rep for some more info on it and then I have to ask my boss for some money as well. I sure like the idea.

Thank you Thermwood

Brent East
Thermwood Team

Postby Brent East » Wed, Sep 24 2008, 2:14PM

The bits set up in the program on the PC must match the bits in the machine to run, otherwise there will be problems. This is why we developed the THMSync program to match all the setting on the machine. As long as the two are synced up you shouldn't have any issues with anything.

Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Postby Michael S Murray » Wed, Sep 24 2008, 5:57PM

georgi,
I beleive it would probably be the same as it is now, if you just put in a fresh bit and measure it in, your probably alright, if you go changing bit size,dia, location, You would be in for a surprise just as you would be at the machine now....Of course take anything from me with a grain of salt........
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com

Brent East
Thermwood Team

Postby Brent East » Thu, Sep 25 2008, 7:41AM

That is correct Michael. The things that you change now on the machine that would cause issues are the same things you would have to worry about with THM Desktop. If you change a diameter for a tool on the machine you could just go in and update that diameter in tooling on THM Desktop without running the sync program or if you wanted to run it you could.

Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Postby Georgi Baltov » Thu, Sep 25 2008, 8:37AM

Sorry Fellas,

I should have specified. What I meant in changing bits is changing dull bits with sharp ones. I didn't mean switching positions and changing diameter from lets say 0.375" to 0.5"( although it should work fine as long as you don't change tool #).

By now I should have worked out the tool group for eCabinets anyways. I don't think I need more tools than I already have.

BenRatt

Postby BenRatt » Sat, Sep 27 2008, 9:55PM

This is great and should be posted in the announcements section so it doesn't get lost.
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com

Return to “eCabinet Systems Software”