Mitered Cabinet

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Mitered Cabinet

Post by John J. Desmond »

I am trying to figure out how to place three face frames on this cabinet. Do I have to use display boards and create the side frames? If it is not to difficult, how do you miter the frames at 22.5'' for presentation as well as to get a frame that is wide enough so all I have to do is miter the stile and have the frame the correct width?

John Desmond
J&S Furniture Design
New Mitered Cabinet.jpg
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Mitered Cabinet

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hey John, here's one made from a standard corner cab and a standard upper framed. I started with the corner cab and removed the sides. Then using the measurement dialog determined the width of frame I needed. I then brought in a standard upper framed, set the width to the measurement I needed (12"), removed all the parts except the face frame, copied and pasted a second FF. Then hilited and rotated them to the required angle. I then placed them using the Align Items dialog. Finally, I hilited the angled cab and went to the face frame editor and added 1/4" scribe to the stiles, that way the FF would meet in the corner. HTH

Save as an assembly :wink:
Attachments
corner faceframe.jpg
corner faceframe.jpg (11.43 KiB) Viewed 10112 times
corner faceframe.esa
(374.02 KiB) Downloaded 649 times
John J. Desmond

Rick,

Thanks for the information. I wondered if that was the only way. This helps alot.

John D.
J&S Furniture Design
John J. Desmond

Hey Rick,

I am trying to download your esa. file but ecabs won't open it. I have done this before (I think) and now I can't. Help!!! How do you do this?

John D.
J&S Furniture Design
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Hi John, you need to save it to disc. My computer defaults to desktop, so from there I right click on start menu>program files>Thermwood>eCabinet Systems>assemblies. If you haven't got a file other than Standard then right click>New and start a new folder. I have one for downloads I call it Downloads :) . From there just drag and drop, or copy -paste the file in, close everything, then open eCabs and load the assembly. :beer:
Bob Segneri

Post by Bob Segneri »

I followed the directions and I go to programs and put the file in assemblies, it shows up but I can't find it in assemblies when I right click install item.
When I go back to programs/ thermwood/assemblies it is there and looks like a sheet of paper wiht the top right corner folded. I've shearched the forms but still haven't figured out what I am doing wrong. :fire:
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Bob Like Rick said you have to put it into a folder First
Rick Palechuk wrote:Hi John, you need to save it to disc. My computer defaults to desktop, so from there I right click on start menu>program files>Thermwood>eCabinet Systems>assemblies. If you haven't got a file other than Standard then right click>New and start a new folder. I have one for downloads I call it Downloads :) . From there just drag and drop, or copy -paste the file in, close everything, then open eCabs and load the assembly. :beer: