Layout question

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Don Nichelson

Layout question

Post by Don Nichelson »

Is there a way to get dimensions in layout? If I place cabinets in a room can I get the dimensions of each cabinet to print out? If so how would I do it? If not I am going to have to do them in CAD right?
Don Nichelson

Re: Layout question

Post by Don Nichelson »

OK, I took the whole job to line drawing editor and am able to get dimensions. Now I am trying to increase the size of the whole job because it appears on the outline but does not fill the entire page. I tried to click on everything but nothing seemed to happen.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Don,

With your room in the Line Drawing Editor, click on the Room Icon then mouse over the room in the editor and it will change color.
Click to select the room then you can use your shift key and both mouse buttons to zoom and the shift key and the left or right mouse buttons to move it around or rotate it.

Kerry
Don Nichelson

Post by Don Nichelson »

Kerry, thanks again. This worked great and now don't really see the need for CAD. One question though, I tried to rotate but would only allow me to move it. I tried shift and control left and right mouse. For a rectangular kitchen I would like to rotate the drawing so that I can better use the page.
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Don, you can also use the Rotate Dialog in your right click menu for an accurate angle.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Don,

The shift key and the left mouse button will rotate. Move the mouse left and right to spin and up and down to tip.

It is safer to use Rick's suggestion to spin rooms to fit a page because if you happen to tip the drawing a bit using the mouse it can affect your dimensions.

Kerry
Lamar Horton

Post by Lamar Horton »

You can also rotate the page from portrait to landscape and vice versa from the "file" "print setup" menu. I have mine set on landscape all the time.
Don Nichelson

Post by Don Nichelson »

Why is it that when I take a cabinet to edit and when replacing sometimes everything goes haywire. This is in reference to putting the wall cabinet back on. I have it on set to back and move the cursor, the cabinet does not follow and the cursor is on the right of the screen and the cabinet is on the left. It does not correspond. I have to delete the cabinet and replace it. also when I want to just highlight a wall and take to the LDE it works sometimes but sometimes not. I would like to take one wall at a time. Also, when is ecab world going to be up and running? Looks like a cool website and looked at one of the tutorials for raised panels but I did not get any volumne out of that one.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Is this in a large layout with lots of knobs, pulls and mol;dings? If so, you may just be seeing a processing delay due to the amount of memory required for those items. That causes mouse movements to very jerky.

I hope to get back to developing stuff for eCabWorld soon, Don. Just after I put the new version of the website into production, I was pretty much put out of commission by three herniated disks in my back. I couldn't sit long enough to do any development and, even if I could have, all of the pain meds I was taking would have made anything I did nonsensical. :joker: I finally had surgery last week and should be getting back into things soon.

As for the video tutorials, some have sound and others do not. They were experimental videos to see whether they would play online okay if they had sound.