Screwed sheet stock number

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Bob Segneri

Screwed sheet stock number

Post by Bob Segneri »

I recently did a kitchen design and when i clicked on cut list to see how much material I needed it told me I needed -2147483647 for sheet stock. Can anyone help, I need to get the price to the customer ASAP.
:wall: Thanks
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Re: Screwed sheet stock number

Post by Rick Palechuk »

Bob, you should post the job file.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Normally this happens if you do not nest the job first.
Damon Nabors
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Bob
Please post your job or email it to me. I will see what caused the large number of sheets and get back to you.
Bob Segneri

Post by Bob Segneri »

I am new to this program and still a novice. The cabinets without walls are recessed into the wall in the home. I just didn't know how to do that in the program. The island stays pretty much where it is.
Thanks for the help.
Bob
Attachments
Aileen.esj
(6.19 MiB) Downloaded 295 times
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Bob,

There is a problem with this job due to the fact that it will not nest. You can try them individually and you will see that some will nest by themselves and others will not nest at all. I would try starting the room over and placing them back in there one at a time and nesting the job untill you figure out which cabinet or cabinets are causing the problem. Another thing, Your estimate is not going to be correct based on the way you have your cabinets designed. Did you mean to leave out the shelving on most of your cabinets? Another thing, you need to open each of your cabinets and go to the construction settings and go to the "deck" option and place a 1.25 bottom inset on each of your cabinets. That will take care of your face frame hanging down below your cabinet, otherwise you will not get an accurate cut list. That is unless you make your cabinets like that.

Hope you get things worked out.
Damon Nabors
Michael RA Greschuk

Post by Michael RA Greschuk »

Hello Bob,
I ran into this problem a couple times. It seems to occur when you take a cabinet from the room layout into cabinet editer then without making changes return to the room layout. I found that if you take your cabinets individuly back to the cabinet editer then go to construction settings click ok and regenerate the cabinet. save the changes when promped and return to room layout. if you do this with all your cabinets it will nest and give you a sheet count. hope this helps
Mike
Michael RA Greschuk

Post by Michael RA Greschuk »

Here is a link to the same subject http://www.thermwood.com/forums/viewtop ... f=3&t=7806
Mike
Bob Segneri

Post by Bob Segneri »

I ended up deleting the project and doing it over an now it all seems fine. Thanks Damon for reminding me about the shelves.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

No Problem Bob, I wasn't trying to be too straight forward about your job but I use to forget about those things when I first started using design software and would come up a sheet or two short and that eats into the profit a little.

Glad everything worked out for you. Just remember to nest first and then generate the cut list.
Damon Nabors
Terry Hall

Post by Terry Hall »

I think Michael is right, I just had that happen a week or so ago. Wasn't certain why it happened, but as I think back about it I took a cabinet into the cabinet editor to check out "set labor costs". I didn't make any changes so the cabinet didn't regenerate. That's when I got the negative number like you did. I exited out of the program, came back in and the problem went away.