Why my jpeg won't work

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Why my jpeg won't work

Post by Gary Puckett »

Does anybody know how a jpeg image works with eCab? I know I mentioned this before but it's starting to bother me. I've been told it's a Vista thing, and that just don't make sence because I can get an image if I render a picture.

Is there anybody with information that can try to explain this?

Thanks
Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Why my jpeg won't work

Post by DanEpps »

When you create an image from within eCabinets, the eCabinets program creates the image. Since eCabinets is not Vista-compliant, not all functions work correctly, one of which is apparently creating JPG images.

When you create an image from outside eCabinets, the operating system creates the image so there are no conflicts with functionality.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Thanks Dan

But the rendering is done within eCabinet, and it works just fine. I guess I will just have to waite for V6 to come out and hope that solves the problem.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Wally Schneeberger
Guru Member

Post by Wally Schneeberger »

Gary Puckett wrote:Thanks Dan

But the rendering is done within eCabinet, and it works just fine. I guess I will just have to waite for V6 to come out and hope that solves the problem.

Gary
I never use the Jpg in the system. When I have a job rendered I just hit PRINT SCREEN and then the image button on the top menu and paste it. Then I can see right away what my image looks like and crop & tweak it before saving.
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Gary Puckett wrote:Thanks Dan

Gary
I have no idea what you are saying...does it work or does it not?

Exactly what are you trying to do--step by step?
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Wally and Dan

I guess I wasn't clear on whats happening so I will explain.

When I take a part( lets say a corbel from Enkeboll ) to the display part editor and save it in my display object folder, when I go to use that user created object on a cabinet, I go to the display object directory , in the items menu there is no picture the name of the part is there and the part is still there but no image.

When I select the oject it does appear in the cabinet editor for me to use.

Also if I try to use the camara any where in any of the tabs I get a blank picture.

But when I go to the room layout with the cabinets in it and render the pictrure it works.
Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Okay, lets look at these one-at-a-time.

First:
When I take a part( lets say a corbel from Enkeboll ) to the display part editor and save it in my display object folder, when I go to use that user created object on a cabinet, I go to the display object directory , in the items menu there is no picture the name of the part is there and the part is still there but no image.
Are you saving it as an HSF? Did you apply a texture in the DPE before saving?

If the answer to both of those questions is "yes", post the corbel you are having trouble with so I can look at it.

Second:
When I select the oject it does appear in the cabinet editor for me to use.
I assume you are talking about the Load Item dialog. Do you see the image there or just the object name?

Third:
Also if I try to use the camara any where in any of the tabs I get a blank picture.
What tabs? What area of eCabinets are you in? Do you have a cabinet loaded or just the diaplay object?

Fourth:
But when I go to the room layout with the cabinets in it and render the pictrure it works.
When you say "render", do you mean you can click the camera icon and get a JPG or just that the image renders on screen? Are you talking about the display object or just a cabinet that renders?
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Dan,

Yes the corbell has been converted to a stl and it also has a texture. I don't know how to post it because I can not use the camara to save the image

I do not see it in the image box. The image box is either all white or black but the name of the item is there.

Ok where ever there is a camara tab, the camara which I assume makes a jpeg picture will not work, but when I am in the custom layout area with my cabinets in the room I can get a presentation rendering .

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

This may not be the same but I have had some trouble with the jpeg Images for sometime now, To me not a big thang,
and I am running XP not vista, Sometime when I go to load or batch a cabinet there is no Image of the cabinet just
a bunch of empty boxes with the name of the cabinet at the bottom, This happen sometime and sometime not but
when there is no Image I click on the empty box and the images come in . Dose anyone have this problem and what
may be the problem.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Dicky,

That is what is happening to me but all the time. The Camara part of the program does not work. The reason it's a pain in the butt is you can't post the problem because you can't capture the image.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Dickey Beckham

Post by Dickey Beckham »

Gary
now that i know that its not just me I have been playing with it, I started in cabinet/assembly editor and clicked on load
item and there was no image on the screen then I click on assembly and it was the same no Images then I click on
a spot where I have a lot of cabinet at first no image then I scroll down the page and there was some cabinets at the
bottom, so I scrolled back up and where there was no images thay starter to come in but this time just haft of the image
until i click on the box and the rest of it came in. somehow the Images are not being load the way thay should.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dan,

I think what Gary is doing is opening a .stl in the Display Part Editor where he applies textures etc. When he then saves the object in that editor which should convert it to .hsf format and place it into his Import folder, the jpeg image that is associated to that object is not being created. The .hsf file is in his import folder but not the jpeg. My guess is that Vista is placing the jpeg in the wrong place because of it's screwed up security system. XP = Good, Vista = Bad.

Kerry
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Kerry Fullington wrote:Dan,

I think what Gary is doing is opening a .stl in the Display Part Editor where he applies textures etc. When he then saves the object in that editor which should convert it to .hsf format and place it into his Import folder, the jpeg image that is associated to that object is not being created. The .hsf file is in his import folder but not the jpeg. My guess is that Vista is placing the jpeg in the wrong place because of it's screwed up security system. XP = Good, Vista = Bad.

Kerry
Kerry,

You hit the nail :joker: on the head, any Idea how I can find where vista is putting it . What I don't understand is I can get an image and save it when I do a presentation rendering.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

That is exactly what I said earlier..."are you saving it as an HSF..."

When you save the file it goes wherever you put it--just look at which folder you are saving it in.

You were confusing me by using "tabs" to describe icons (see attached image). I could not think of anywhere with a camera "tab."

Do not confuse rendering a presentation view with creating a JPG image--they are two distinct and different functions. Rendering merely displays the image on screen while creating a JPG creates a formatted file in memory while displaying the image on screen. Creating a JPG is one area where eCabinets is not Vista-compliant.
Icons and tabs.jpg
Icons and tabs.jpg (108.14 KiB) Viewed 8544 times
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Dan,

Sorry about the misunderstanding on the tabs and icon thing. I assumed that creating a presentation view was the same as a jpeg it is still a picture. So I could not understand how the program was letting one image be shown and the other not. So I went to the main program file to see if the images were there and they wasn't, so do you have any idea where the images are, because when I select them to put on a cabinet they show up. So would'nt you think the images had to be some where?

Thanks
Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT