It's an Omen

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

It's an Omen

Post by Kerry Fullington »

My wife and I took the day off to watch the Inauguration and things are already looking up. At breakfast my egg had two yolks this morning. :wink:

Kerry
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: It's an Omen

Post by Gary Puckett »

I take it the egg was sunny side up :D

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Post by John J. Desmond »

Kerry,

That is just funny. I worked but was able to listen on the radio. One guy at work said he could feel his wallet getting thicker.

John
Mike Seisser
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: NCB Inc.

Post by Mike Seisser »

Odd. I had the day off too, and my 19 month old boy just cried all day. And they weren't tears of joy. :cry:
Proper Planning Prevents Poor Production.
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

It's actually a sad day for all unborn children considering Obama said the first bill he would sign after his inauguration is the FOCA bill.

Obama backs radical FOCA bill
Democrat presidential candidate Barack Obama is one of only 19 cosponsors of S. 1173, extreme legislation creating a “fundamental right” to abortion through all nine months of pregnancy. The so-called “Freedom of Choice Act” (FOCA) would prevent all governmental bodies at all levels from being able to “deny or interfere with a woman’s right to choose” or “discriminate” against the exercise of this right “in the regulation or provision of benefits, facilities, services or information.”

Accordingly, FOCA would overturn all federal and state regulations on the abortion industry by making abortion a public entitlement. FOCA would eliminate laws on informed consent, parental consent, abortion clinic regulations, conscience protection laws, government programs that fund and promote childbirth without funding abortion, laws prohibiting certain abortion procedures (e.g., partial birth abortion), laws requiring that abortions only be performed by licensed physicians, etc. In sum, FOCA goes well beyond Roe v. Wade by creating an unqualified and unfettered right to abort preborn children.

To see the wording of S. 1173, list of cosponsors, and bill summary, please click here: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:S.1173:
Damon Nabors
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Lets hope he gets some common sense and decency on this matter, and may God guide him to make the right decision.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Gene Kimmi

Post by Gene Kimmi »

Damon,

I read something on this the other day. If I remember correctly, 30% of the hospitals in the US are Catholic hospitals. Their response to the passage of this bill will be to close all their hospitals since it would force them to perform abortions.

I received an email today about a commercial being run on select cable channels. Go to catholicvote.com to view it. It is one of many commercials they are going to run in the next year.
Gene Kimmi
Lenovo W540 windows 8.1 Pro
Intel Core i-7 4800MQ @ 2.7GHz 8 GB ram
Intel HD & NVIDIA Quadro K2100M Graphics
Samsung 256 SSD Drive
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Yes, if this bill is signed into legislation, it would require all private hospitals to perform abortions or the hospital would be in violation of the law. So many people voted for this man, "Obama-aka Barry Soetoro", and did not really do their homework to see how our country will be shaped in the coming years. Our country was founded on Christian beliefs and now those freedoms are slowly being taken away. I am sorry if I step on any toes but our country is going down the toilet fast. It amazes me how a person that calls themselves a Christian can vote for someone that is willing to take their Christian beliefs and overturn them. Now you can look forward to same sex marriages and abortions. Obama-aka Barry Soetoro has made the comment that we are no longer a Christian Nation. He has caused out Constitution to be devalued. Was the man born in the USA or Kenya. Its funny how his own Grandmother said he was born in Kenya and a Kenyan Ambassador was interviewed the other day stating they are make a memorial in "Obama-aka Barry Soetoro" honor at the hospital where he was born. HMMMMmmm. It has been said in the Christian community that it looks like God is turning his back on us because we as a Nation have turned our back on God. May God bless our country.

I am not Catholic but here is some info from CathNews USA.

The FOCA bill, which Obama promised Planned Parenthood last year would be the first piece of legislation he would sign, would make unlimited abortions throughout pregnancy the national law.

It would also go further and overturn hundreds of state laws that reduce or limit abortions, including measures that allow Catholic and private medical centers or medical professionals like doctors and nurses to opt out of doing abortions.

The overturning of those laws concerned the nation's Catholic bishops so much that, during their recent national meeting, they talked about the possibility of closing Catholic hospitals if FOCA becomes law to avoid being forced to do abortions.

Auxiliary Bishop Thomas Paprocki of Chicago spoke up about the threats to Catholic health care under the bill.

"It could mean discontinuing obstetrics in our hospitals, and we may need to consider taking the drastic step of closing our Catholic hospitals entirely," Paprocki said. "It would not be sufficient to withdraw our sponsorship or to sell them to someone who would perform abortions. That would be a morally unacceptable cooperation in evil."
Damon Nabors
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Damon,

Evil comes in many shapes, but I can asure you that God will never turn his back on us. We are in for a change alright and I hope it's not for the worst. The man did accomplish a great many things, so all we can do now is hope it was for the right reasons.

Remenber that God has a plan so we must have faith.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Nemanja Vujkovic

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

That same church killed many people on acount of Earth being flat, so do not take me wrong if i am not more simpatetic. However, i dod not think that this law is legal, because of all the freedom we are spouse to have. Nobody shold be forced to do anything thay do not want to do. On the other hand, nobody shold be prohibited to do anything as long as they do not disturbe their neighbors. As far as god is concerned, he is like an evil kid with a magnifying glass. He should not allow all this destruction and hatred. It's allways the inicent to suffer, especialy in the wars, like the one in Iraq. Considering the wars in the middle east, which is not a cristian thing to do, McCain is wrong choice to, but most of the igorant americans who never steped outide the USA(some even their state) do not care about that. I could go on, and on but not enough time. My point is, let them pass the law, and it should be up to us to choose the wright thing to do.

I did not mean to offend anyone, and please forgive me if i did. This is just the way i see it.

Nemanja
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Damon,

It is my opinion that the government and any one particular president affect or lives very little. We the people of the United States will determine if the next four years are great or disastrous. The weight of the abortion issue falls solely on the backs of parents. If parents do a good job instilling strong moral character in their children then it won't matter if there is an abortion clinic on every corner, it will never be a considered option. It is nice to be able to blame the government for this but it ultimately is not, and never will be, the responsibility government to protect our unborn children from abortion.

Kerry
Damon Nabors
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Damon Nabors »

Nemanja,

:( , Have you ever seen an ultra sound or been in the room when a baby was delivered? What about that unborn child's rights. Who is going to speak for him/here.

If you believe God is like an evil kid with a magnifying glass, I can understand the way you believe. Just remember that when the light is refracted correctly through a magnifying glass, it can get really HOT. Hot as Hell.

Nemanja Vujkovic wrote: but most of the igorant americans who never steped outide the USA(some even their state) do not care about that.
Nemanja
Some ignorant people (Not igorant) stepped into the USA, and that is the reason a lot of our freedoms are taken away so that we can make everyone feel all warm and fuzzy and not violate their so called rights. Right and Wrong is not a hard concept to take in. Just read the manual, it is called a BIBLE.

By the way, everyone remember, this week is Right to Life Week, and this Sunday is Right to Life Day.

This is my last post on this topic. I am sure I just pissed some folks off, Sorry.

Damon
Damon Nabors
Nemanja Vujkovic

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

I lived in Serbia during USA assaolt, and it's only worse in Iraq. My neighbor was killd by a rocket fired from a US aircraft. She was around 30 years old. It happend on Sunnday afternoon while she had bbq with her family. Her two doughters were 4 and 9 years old when thay saw their mother killed, where is their right. How many kids and motheers ( i am not talking about the soldiers) died in assaults made by US around the world. A lot more people die that way, than by abortions.
I am verry sorry i made mistake with spelling, what can i say, English is my second language.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Okay, this thread has gone in the wrong direction from Kerry's original humorous post.

I would think that everyone would've gotten the message last week when I was (rightfully) chastised for posting what I thought to be humorous quotes by President Bush.

We must stay away from politics and religion!!!

These two subjects contain highly subjective views and present opportunities for members to attack fellow members. This must not happen!

Everyone is most certainly free to have their view on these two subjects, but a public, non-opinionated forum is not the place to express those views.

Please, everyone join me in refraining from such posts in the future.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Okay,

I lied. My wife actually kept the egg with two yolks for herself. I still have the same sad life I had before the inauguration. :(

Kerry