eCabinet Systems V6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: eCabinet Systems V6

Post by DanEpps »

I see...click anywhere on the outside edge of the left end then repeat on the right end to get the overall width. I was interpreting it as click anywhere on the outside edge of the left end and get the overall height.

That makes sense to me now (sometimes you have to pound things into my thick skull :wink: ). It would definitely make it easier to pull dimensions in the LDE.

Dean brought up something that is easily overlooked by us users: The features list have to be locked at some point or the new version will never come to fruition. Lets see what v6 brings then start sending feedback requests for things like this that aren't included in the release.
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Post by Gary Puckett »

Yes I agree there has to be a cut off point are new versions will never be accomplished. I mean I agree about the version thing not the pounding in your thick skull :joker: :beer:

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
markvan

Post by markvan »

Looking forward to the latest version.... sounds good so far!

I am especially like the fact that the cabinet regeneration will be sped up. This should make quite a difference in the length of time spent designing each kitchen..... I know it's not a big part of the overall design process, but it has always irritated me to wait while it recalculates everthing.....
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

One of the things I was hoping to see was and opening size lock. So when I adjust my cabinet from 34 1/2" to 34 3/4" to go from a 1 1/2" top to a 1 1/4" top my top drawer stays at a fixed height instead of growing slightly taller. Makes for a long session when you have to rework all the cabinets.

Thanks for listening and for the eCab system :mrgreen:
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

With all this talk of releasing another version of this very good software there still seems to be no will to fix all the irritating bugs that have existed from the beginning. I have maintained that the program is great and needs very little added but needs to be cleaned up which would also help improve it usability and speed.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Nick,

What isuues are you having that need to be cleaned up?

Kerry
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Nick
If you are having any issues witht he software, please call or email me and we can go over them.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

I am a little stunned to be asked that, but here we go...again with a couple of examples.
1)If you are in elevation view and then take a cabinet to the editor, when you return you are back in plan view not in elevation so an extra step is required to put things back they way you had them. This occurs in many other situations.
2) eCabs "rebuilds" an item in CE even though you have done nothing to it. Why? more time wasting!
3) You are asked to save even though no changes are made, OS default is no changes, no request to save.
4)Importing DXFs to part editor is dickey.
5)You can only filter material thickness by Imperial, after all this time metric is still unavailable.

I could go on but I will have to trawl my old posts from a couple of years back to get more
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

#1 & #2 are something I would have to agree with. Same thing with setting, when you put a setting into a cabinet, such as a molding height, when you go back it should say what that is and not reset to zero. When you use the parts editor, and do a cut or a router profile, you need to put it back to where you need it because it resets to zero. Doing multiple cuts in pcs becomes a hassle because you need to re enter the data over and over again.

Another thing that would be kind of nice to have is an x,y,z reference when you are doing a rendering. I have gotten the perfect angle to view and then for whatever reason need to go back into an editor. When I come back to render there is no reference to get back to that original view, just sight. Not really important [at all], but it would be nice. :mrgreen:
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Justin Melhiser

Post by Justin Melhiser »

Nick
These concerns have been reported to the software group. I will need more information on the importing of dxf file to the part editor. Would you please supply an example of a dxf file, that you have had trouble with?
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Thanks Jason for the update.
I look forward to being able to edit a box in the part editor.

I do agree wit Nick about the DXF importing being a little bit of a pain but you know what they say" Garbage in and Garbage out." It would be nice if you could fix them in the part editor or it would at least tell you where there is a problem. I have had numerous issues with the import but it was usually that there was a loop or an overlapping segment found in Artcam Pro using the vector doctor.

Thanks again and I appreciate you keeping us posted as we near another milestone and Happy 40th to all at Thermwood.
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Michael,

Haven't heard from you for a while. Hope all is well? This is on our list of items to accomplish along with a bunch of other items. We needed to set a cutoff point as we would never release an update.

thanks,
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Another one I thought of whilst sleeping: cabinets keep on losing their association to walls...very irritating.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

To clarify the problem with DXFs in PE its the old numbers/letters problem again cant get them to come into the PE from Turbo Cad even though other shapes do. Another thing that needs to be looked at is continuity of key strokes across the app. eg. Ctrl/arrow pans in floor layout but not in PE etc.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Here is an example of the number / letter problem. I know why it happens but fixing it would sure increase the versatility of the program, depending on how it machines of course. had lots of trouble with cutter compensation in the past.
Attachments
letters.JPG
letters.JPG (34.12 KiB) Viewed 8788 times
Numbers2.jpg
Numbers2.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 8788 times
Numbers1.jpg
Numbers1.jpg (34.69 KiB) Viewed 8788 times