eCabinet Systems V6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Re: eCabinet Systems V6

Post by John J. Desmond »

I am excited to see all the additions to eCabs. I know that in former posts the debate over program offering between CNC uses and Non-CNC users was a hot topic and I understand that for the non-cnc users it can look like all of the updates are not necessary but I would like to share something that I feel is important, from a non-cnc user. I am facing the possibility of having three kitchens in the next few months that I am going to be unable to do because of the size of my shop. It would take forever to cut these parts out on a table saw and still build the jobs. I am a one man shop and I know the benefits of a router yet I run a debt free business and I will not go into debt for a router. However, I am excited that I have an opportunity to design and send that design to someone who has a router to cut parts for me and then I can build them in my shop. Because of the upgrades to eCabs I can design a job, as if I had a router, and give business to someone who does and I can still keep my work up. Sooooo, from a non-cnc users the upgrades are just as important.
PS. I do intend to purchase a router in the future. I save and invest money for that purpose. When I get one then I can offer my router to others who are where I am now, and there will be those.

Thanks for reading,
John
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Rick Deskins »

Here is an example of the number / letter problem. I know why it happens but fixing it would sure increase the versatility of the program, depending on how it machines of course. had lots of trouble with cutter compensation in the past.
You can get this done in the system today. For letters like A and B and numbers like 0, you have to divide the letter in half. For example 0, you divide it in half vertically and cut out each half of the 0 separately to achieve what you want.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Sneaky, very sneaky
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Tried the number splitting trick, a little labourious but it works. I will try machining a couple and see how they turn out.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

While splitting the letters that cause islands will give you the graphical look correctly, it will not machine correctly at this time. You will need to make your split pieces cut at a small difference in depth like 0.03mm. Hopefully this amount will not cause you undesired results. The current version of eCabinetSystems will not recognize the islands created when it creates data for CNC. We do plan to implement this in the future, but it is not planned for this release.
Audrey Racine
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Audrey Racine »

Hi guys!

It's been a while since I wrote something here!!! I'v been preaty busy but I am glad to see what will be in the next version of eCabient! I can remember how it was in version 2!!! ahahah yeah long time ago!

It is always a pleasure to work with you!

Thanks!
David Tuttle
Company Name: The Kings Woodwright

Post by David Tuttle »

Joe Dusel wrote: • Custom Molding editor. It sure would be nice to setup whatever profile we like.
• Custom Door editor. It would be nice to be able to design doors any way we like, for instance big doors with mid-rails or muntins on paneled doors. And it would also be nice to be able to select and show panels of a different material than the rails and stiles.
• Line boring (for old time’s sake)
• LDE Title block generator with information such as company name, address, contractor’s license number and such entered in a database.
• View port setup such that if you update the object you are displaying in the line drawing editor, such as a room or just a cabinet, the “view” of that object would correspondingly be updated. That way if we change a cabinet the line drawing of it would match it. It also seems to add a bunch of data to a file in the current setup if we have line drawings.

Joe
I'm relative new to eCabinets but I would ditto these requests as in two jobs, I would like to use my own trim (I think it can be done w/dfx, but tricky), and doors, fridge panels, bar backs, etc. and I'm guessing the LDE title block is customizable similar to my CAD.
Thanks,
David
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Remembered another irritating time wasting bug that never seems to get sorted: items lose their wall association for no apparent reason.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

eCabs still gets touchy if you leave it alone for a while. I think it gets lonely and crashes out of spite>