oversized job file

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

dan fentie

oversized job file

Post by dan fentie »

OK, I have been working on a job for a period of time with my computer acting very slow. I looked into it a bit and found that I have a few cabinets with really large file sizes. I have a 3 drawer, drawer bank with a finished right end that has an average of 1000 KB file size but at the same time I have virtually the same cabinet with only a small change that has a cabinet file size of about 18,000 KB. Would really like to know how making a small change to the cabinet could affect the file size this much. ANY input would be beneficial right about now!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: over sized job file

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dan,

Part editor cuts and profiles seem to raise the file size as well as adding drawers that show dovetails. certain pulls might increase the file size also.

Kerry
sam mayer
Company Name: woodys mfg

Re: oversized job file

Post by sam mayer »

Hey Kerry, Sam Mayer here. I am actually Dan's employee working on this job file. The weird thing is that I haven't added any part editor cuts, I have slab doors, regular dato box drawers and no pulls or knobs. There is no major change in the cabinet other than my drawer box height. I can't understand any reason for the hsf file size to increase by 18 times (1 MB to 18 MB).
Rick Deskins
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood

Re: oversized job file

Post by Rick Deskins »

It may be a bug with the parasolid bodies. Can you zip and send that file(18mb) to cabinets@thermwood.com? Put note on email to Forward to Rick Deskins.
Rick Deskins
eCabinet Systems Programmer
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM/ AMD FirePro V4900