Arrrrrrgggg........

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Re: Arrrrrrgggg........

Post by Nick M Singer »

Looks like we really have hijacked this thread now. I have had this problem before on the notebook, eCabs was working just fine, nothing has been changed registry entries are correct (I ran Thermwoods "be the one" registry editor) all of a sudden for no reason the problem occurred, no steps were taken just double clicked the eCabs icon and got the error message.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Nick M Singer wrote:Looks like we really have hijacked this thread now...
Yeah, you're right...send me your laptop and I'll fix it. I've been wanting one of theose M90s anyway. :lol:

Why not start a new thread (or bump your old one) and let's see if we can't get you working again.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Nick, Dan,

This follows Leo's thread in a way (Frustrating Problem with eCabinets)
I'm not familiar with the Registry cleaner you ran. eCabinets sent me a registry utility for something (Maybe the Cannot Create Empty Document problem) to clean up some old eCabinets stuff that got left in the registry but it was a one time thing. Click on it to fix the reg problem and then don't use it again.
I'll bet it has messed up some registry entry.

I think the first thing I would try is to use System Restore and restore to a point before I got the Can not Create Empty Document thing.

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Back to Leo's original thread,

I think we have all probably had Leo's experience. After working many hours to get a job done something happens for no apparent reason to cause us to spend even more time on the job. When faced with deadlines (and it seems my life is nothing but a series of deadlines) this can be very very frustrating. I have no idea what to do about it. It seems that it is just the nature of the software beast that when you fix one problem, another problem occurs or re-occurs. Adding new features again opens the door for that beast. Some of these problems affect everyone and some are user specific or system specific. We all have different operating systems set up differently with different anti virus, anti spy ware, and anti whatever software running in the background. We all use eCabinets differently. Some use the constraint manager a lot and some have never opened it. Some folks drop a standard sized box into batch, nest it and start cutting. Some of us place each cabinet in a room for a design and edit each one multiple times before it is ready to nest. Because of this, each one of us is going to encounter unique problems using eCabinets and we all look to the same set of programmers to fix these problems. These programmers are already facing their own deadlines to release new patches to fix earlier problems and deadlines for new versions to implement new features that we are all pressing for. Now we want them to stop everything and fix our individual problems so we can get our job done.
I think the crew at eCabinets is headed in the right direction. From what has been posted on this forum they are trying to streamline the software, make it easier and faster to use. They are trying to cut down the time it takes to go from editor to editors well as doing things differently so a cabinet doesn't have to completely re-generate every time we make a small change. This will speed the design process up considerably. I also think that removing the Member Store from the software is going to make it faster and more stable as well as much more versatile. I am also afraid that because removing the Member Store from the software is such a huge undertaking that there is the possibility of opening a whole new can of worms (or Bugs) to deal with. Extensive Alpha and Beta Testing will catch many of these but as we all know it won't catch all of them and since we started asking about Version Six the minute Version 5.2 was released I think the programmers will also be pressured to get testing done quickly.
All of this was to say that I know the guys at Thermwood are giving it their all. They want this software to be the best. They want the software to grow and they want all of us to be happy using the software. This is a huge job for just a few programmers to keep thousands of us running. We can all help by first being patient, and by reporting problems or suspected bugs directly to the programmers through software feedback with detailed steps on how to re-create the problem. They need these steps to work efficiently. If we don't provide the steps then they must spend their valuable time trying to find those steps that you already know. This really slows down the whole process so the next time any of us have an "aaaaaAAAAGH" moment using eCabinets. Take some time, find the steps that caused the problem and send it to the programmers through Feedback. If they can re-create the problem they can fix it.

Kerry
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

If he is saying Arrrrrggg....then it is in the right thread. :D
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

It looks like I misspelled aaarrrggg though. (what kind of pirate would I make?)
We need an emoticon smashing a computer monitor on the floor to insert here.

Kerry
Paul Ellis

Post by Paul Ellis »

This
or
or
Paul Ellis

"If it works, don't fix it"
Leo Graywacz
Guru Member
Company Name: LRG WoodCrafting

Post by Leo Graywacz »

Kerry Fullington wrote:It looks like I misspelled aaarrrggg though. (what kind of pirate would I make?)
We need an emoticon smashing a computer monitor on the floor to insert here.

Kerry

Texas Drawl :lol:
Dell Precision 7710
Intel Core i7-6820HQ @ 2.70GHz 16.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro M3000M
512 GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 SSD
Win 7 Pro 64-bit

http://lrgwood.com