Top not Cutlisting Correctly/ RTA Fitting

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Top not Cutlisting Correctly/ RTA Fitting

Post by Nat Wheatley »

When I add RTA fittings to the top of my cabinet 2 things are happening. The top disappears from the cutlist, and when nested, the thickness of the edgebanding is no longer subtracted from the part.

I've tried deleting the part, and recreating it, but keep getting the same results.
GCMF - 11 - 2 - 1.hsf
(1.3 MiB) Downloaded 297 times
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Chris Harmon
Company Name: Azure Cabinets

Re: Top not Cutlisting Correctly/ RTA Fitting

Post by Chris Harmon »

Hi Nat,
I downloaded your file and I am having the same problem. I removed the RTA fittings and the problem goes away. I will try rebuilding the cabinet from scratch this weekend. To see if the same thing happens. I hope that Thermwood will chime in on this post.
Chris Harmon
Company Name: Azure Cabinets

Post by Chris Harmon »

Hi Nat,
If you remove the edge banding from the top, the top shows back up in the cut list.

I did a quick build using a standard base as a seed cabinet using your dimensions, but with out hanger holes and notch and everything works fine (top shows up in cut list.)

Try removing and redoing the notch and hanger holes one at a time. I think there is a conflict with the edgebanding.

Sorry I could not spend more time on it right now I under a deadline. Let me know what you find out.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Post by Nat Wheatley »

Thanks Chris. I'll play around with the notch and holes and see if that's tied into the error. In the meantime, I removed the banding from the front edge of the top, and set the top back, from the front of the cabinet, the thickness of the banding. This works, but isn't ideal.

In the meantime, if others have feedback on this issue please let me know.

Thanks.
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3