Entertainment Center Project Cleanup

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Darwin Joslyn
Company Name: Joslyn Woodworking

Entertainment Center Project Cleanup

Post by Darwin Joslyn »

I'm brand new to E-cabs, but I really like what the software can do as I learn. I've put together an entertainment center containing 5 cabinets and the customer is happy with the design. I have a couple issues that I don't know how to resolve yet. The larger corner unit FF extends below the side panels and I can't seem to find how to adjust ? On the opposite end I have a small corner cabinet that joins the front edge of the cabinet to the wall. How do you miter the outside edge of the FF to join cleanly to the front cabinet edge? Also when applying the crown molding to the top of the cabinet the molding wraps around each cabinet and then overlaps on the end as the cabinets are joined. Is their a better way I should apply the crown molding? Thanks for your help as I learn the software.

I've attached an image to the entertainment center for your advice.
Attachments
Entertainment Center.jpg
Entertainment Center.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 4959 times
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Entertainment Center Project Cleanup

Post by DanEpps »

The larger corner unit FF extends below the side panels
Check Construction Settings and make sure you don't have any insets set for the face frames or ends.
How do you miter the outside edge of the FF to join cleanly to the front cabinet edge
Take the part into the Part Editor and profile the edge using a chamfer tool.
Also when applying the crown molding to the top of the cabinet the molding wraps around each cabinet and then overlaps on the end as the cabinets are joined. Is their a better way I should apply the crown molding?
You can't do an inside miter on the crown molding. You can manually place moldings through Load Item (the same dialog you use for loading a cabinet--just click the molding radio button) and make the the length you need. You have three input boxes on the molding dialog--left miter, rightmiter and length. As said above, the miters are outside only so leave the inside ends unmitered and butt them together.
Darwin Joslyn
Company Name: Joslyn Woodworking

Post by Darwin Joslyn »

Thanks Dan! The FF problem was caused by the deck inset. I adjusted the inset and the FF aligned with the side panels. I also was able to correct the crown overlap. I was able to place a 3 part panel side on the side of the large corner cabinet which is intened to hold a small gas fireplace insert. I haven't been able to bevel the FF on the small cabinet yet, but need to read and practice on another cabinet.

Thanks again for your help.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Here is a short video that should help you.

You will have to create the tool in the Shape Manager. I made this one specifically for mitering 3/4 inch materials.

Notice that since I started the tool path from the bottom left of the part, the view of the part in the Part Editor is from the bottom. If I had started from the top, I would have needed a different orientation on the tool.
Attachments
Mitered Face Frame.zip
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 354 times
Chris Harmon
Company Name: Azure Cabinets

Post by Chris Harmon »

Great video Dan very informative. Thanks