changing mounting height

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Justin Rank
Company Name: Coastal WoodworX

changing mounting height

Post by Justin Rank »

how can I take a selected few uppers and move them down from 96" mounting height to 92"?
Nemanja Vujkovic

Re: changing mounting height

Post by Nemanja Vujkovic »

Justin,
go to edit, sttins/preferen ces, define standard dimensions (top right corner), upper cabinet mounting hight (10th line from the top)

Nano
Justin Rank

Post by Justin Rank »

That is what I did, but they didn't move. I selected the ones I wanted moved and changed that setting.....Nothin! Any other ideas?
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Post by JohnLashuay »

Justin,

From the Custom Layout, go to the Elevation/ Wall View. Highlight each cabinet individually then in the upper left hand corner of the window (under "position on wall") highlight the numbers next to TOP and change them to 92". Do this for each cabinet since they are already on the wall.
-John
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43
Justin Rank

Post by Justin Rank »

I cheated. took a few inches off the tops, then added a few to the bottom! Magic!
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

The "Upper Cabinet Mounting Height" in Settings and Preferences only affects the installation of subsequent cabinets. Once placed and since all the cabinets had to move the easiest would've been to set the Move Increment to 4", select the cabinets that need to move, then hold the SHIFT key and hit the Down Arrow. All of the selected upper cabinets would've moved simultaneously.

This method also works for a single cabinet, but it seems at times that you need to change the placement mode to"Free Style", then use the described method to move the cabinets directionally via the SHIFT and arrow keys.