Rt click wall or floor and select Wall/Floor Texture - not

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Rt click wall or floor and select Wall/Floor Texture - not

Post by Donald Thomson »

I'm a new user to eCabinet Systems and so far it looks like the capabilities are incredible. There is so much in this software that I know I have a long learning road ahead of me so I suspect the following question has to do with operator error (OE) versus something wrong in the software.

When I right click on a wall while in Custom Layout mode, there seems to be no option to change Wall/Floor Texture on the pop-up menu even the the online help system and the printed manual both say to do this to change a wall or floor texture. Has this feature been removed in version 5.2 Build 5 or am I doing something wrong? :?

Also, I found a thread from last year where some folks were asking about how the "Nearly Complete Guide to eCabinet Systems" book would be updated to reflect increased functionality in the software. One gentleman suggested the updates be made available in a PDF version that book owners could download to keep their books updated. Does anyone know where this has ended up? I would love to get the book, but am afraid that there will be so much more in new versions of the software that won't be covered in the book. I don't want to miss out on the capabilities of this incredible design system.

Thank you for any help.

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
Diamond Lake, WA
http://www.diamondlakewoodworks.com
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Rob Perry

Re: Rt click wall or floor and select Wall/Floor Texture - not

Post by Rob Perry »

Hi Donald

Try This

Go into Render Mode
Right Click>Select Texture Options>Select Wall/Floor>Select Change Texture>Select new image from Pop Up Window> Hold down control button while hovering curser over wall or floor (Paint roller should appear ) Left Click mouse... Hopfully that should do it...
Rob
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Rob,

Thank you so very much!. :D I knew it probably had something to do with "small brain syndrome" on my part.

Don
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

Don,
I've posted a response in regards to updates for "The Nearly Complete Guide to eCabinet Systems" under the topic for that guide.

Thanks,
Dennis
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

P.S. "The Nearly Complete Guide to eCabinet Systems" and the subscription for online video tutorials both document the procedure of changing a wall texture as well as many other functions. And as you've found out our Forum is an excellent source of information. I doubt that holding the CTRL key is intuitive for activating a paint roller, but they had to come up with something!

Good luck. There are no bad or dumb questions and it doesn't make life any simpler, if you're frustrated and haven't asked.

Dennis