Manual

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Neal Meyers Jr
Company Name: Euharlee Woodshop

Manual

Post by Neal Meyers Jr »

Anybody have any opinions?

Is the "Almost complete manual" worth the 110.00? I have been playing with the software and was wondering just how detailed the manual gets. Is it like the manuals you get in book stores that teach you how to use CAD or Photoshop? I just do not have the time to attend formal training, but still want to gain a better understanding of the software, do to my business picking up some. Most of business is from folks seeing their ideas in eCab., but the designs I have created are very rough and there is some things that I can not render very well. (Like blanket chests and clocks. I know that the part editor and contour manager can do this but I am having a difficult time with these.) Does the manual cover these areas in detail? I looked at the video Dan has on line of the curved front vanity and am very impressed, I am trying to design a curved curio cabinet with doors, I think I posted that on line but have not made a lot of progress. I did check out the Excerpts on line but there is not a lot there.

Thank all of ya'll in advance

:?

Hi Dan Hope all is well with you and yours

:beer:
Neal Meyers Jr
Euharlee Woodshop
White GA
John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Re: Manual

Post by John J. Desmond »

Neal,

I purchased the manual you are talking about. I think it is worth the money. I use it first when I have problems. Next to the manual the posts are the best resource. Remember that there are two similar manuals that you can download for free that would be helpful also. The manual you are wanting to buy is the one they use in training seminars. That's what I was told. So, I bought it and really like it. HTH

John Desmond
Dean Fehribach
Site Admin
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Dean Fehribach »

My 2¢ here.

The reason the book costs what it does is based purely on "demand and supply" and economies of scale. In book publishing terms, the market for this book is very, very small; you could say that it's a very vertical market. With small demand, production costs are higher. For as small as the market for the book is and the breadth of the material covered, $110 is a very good bargain.
Dean Fehribach
I.S. Mgr., Thermwood
Dell Workstation T1650 / XEON E3 / 8GB RAM / 1GB nVidia Quadro 600 / Windows 8 Pro x64
JohnLashuay
Guru Member
Company Name: Rylex Custom Cabinetry-Close

Post by JohnLashuay »

Neal,

I purchased the manual and I found it to be quite helpful. It does contain a large portion on the Part Editor. Like John said, the forum is also a great way to gain understanding. The manual is helpful to get you started and is quite extensive.

-John
Rylex Custom Cabinetry & Closets
http://www.rylexonline.com
Thermwood CS 43
Neal Meyers Jr
Company Name: Euharlee Woodshop

Post by Neal Meyers Jr »

Thank Ya'll for the input. The costs is not the issue with me but rather the content. If it is used in the training than I am sure it is worth the money. Now how to tell the wife???Humm.

Maybe costs could be reduced by allowing it to be purchased, at a lower cost, as an online download. I buy some books this way and like it. Also it helps that I work for Toshiba and have unlimited access to color copiers and can print most things at little or zero cost.

Is there a Download option? I haven't seen one?

Thanks again
Neal Meyers Jr
Euharlee Woodshop
White Ga.
:beer:
Neal Meyers Jr
Euharlee Woodshop
White GA