Putting Sinks and Appliances in.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Ryan Fotheringham
Company Name: Brotus Mills

Putting Sinks and Appliances in.

Post by Ryan Fotheringham »

Hello i'm new to this system. This is the first time that our shop has used this system. We went through the videos and some of the instruction manual and i and still lost. I put together a room with three walls and put lower cabinets and upper cabinets in. I also put a counter top on and tried to put a sink in the counter top but it keeps putting it in the middle of the room. Same thing happened when i tried to instal a washer and dryer on the side wall. Not sure excatly what i'm doing wrong or how to do this and help would really be appericated.

Thanks
Ryan
Justin Rank
Company Name: Coastal WoodworX

Re: Putting Sinks and Appliances in.

Post by Justin Rank »

You can adjust them where you want in plan and elevation views by holding shift and using the keys to move them where you want. On the left side of the screen you can change the size increments you want your cabinets and items to move. i.e 1" or 5" with every key movement. This will get you on track. I haven't had to cut a hole in my counter top yet, but I would imagine you would use part editor for this. Anyone know if you can you export the countertop outline as a .dxf?
Al dedenus
Guru Member
Company Name: Creative Kitchens and Interior

Post by Al dedenus »

Ryan just remember to set Placement mode to "freestyle" before you try moving it with shift and arrow keys.You will have to highlight it by left clicking on it first.Also you will have to associate youre sink or appliance to a wall for it to show up in elevations
Ryan Fotheringham

Hey thanks guys I was able to get it to move left and right and forward and back but how do you change it's elevation. It's still on the floor and when i move it to the cabinet it says inside the cabinet.
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

You have to associate it to a wall then go to elevation view.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by George Davidson »

Hi Ryan the guys and girls are better with word then I am :wall: I put things in pictures
Attachments
Shot1.jpg
Shot1.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 11412 times
Shot2.jpg
Shot2.jpg (61.51 KiB) Viewed 11293 times
Shot3.jpg
Shot3.jpg (68.8 KiB) Viewed 11293 times
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Page -2
Attachments
Shot4.jpg
Shot4.jpg (58 KiB) Viewed 11285 times
Shot5.jpg
Shot5.jpg (67.94 KiB) Viewed 11284 times
Shot6.jpg
Shot6.jpg (60.32 KiB) Viewed 11285 times
Ryan Fotheringham

Alright so i got the cabinet to the wall but now i put a counter top on and tried to install a sink in the top but it keeps going into the cabinet. How do i get the sink to go into the counter top? Have a great weekend guys.
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Post by Nick M Singer »

Ryan best is to cut a hole in the top at the correct location, then you need to place the sink correctly. You say yours is falling into the cupboard so you need to correct the hight by associating the sink with the appropriate wall and then setting the hight when in elevation view.
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Here comes pictures
Attachments
5--22-09.JPG
5--22-09.JPG (48.18 KiB) Viewed 11213 times
5--22-09_1.jpg
5--22-09_1.jpg (59.14 KiB) Viewed 11214 times
5--22-09_2.jpg
5--22-09_2.jpg (48.29 KiB) Viewed 11214 times
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

If you want to make life easier for sink and faucet placement I suggest that you add them in the Cabinet Editor and make sure that you associate them with the cabinet. Save this cabinet with the sink and you can use it in another kitchen design.

You will still need to cut the hole in the countertop in the Custom Layout Editor using the Part Editor.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Dave White
Thermwood Sales

Post by Dave White »

Thanks Joe!
Justin Rank
Company Name: Coastal WoodworX

Post by Justin Rank »

Since this thread is now on countertops, I have another easy questions. How do you place a countertop over places where there are no cabinets. i.e. breakfast bars with extended counters, and over dishwashers/trashcompactors. Also my corner cabinets with filleted angles on the backs won't allow me to bring the countertop all the way to the back corner. Does this have to be done in part editor?
George Davidson
eCabinets Beta Tester

Hi Ryan You must have a cabinet under the counter top
Attachments
Shot3.jpg
Shot3.jpg (68.42 KiB) Viewed 11073 times
Shot4.jpg
Shot4.jpg (71.91 KiB) Viewed 11074 times
Counter top_2.jpg
Counter top_2.jpg (40.48 KiB) Viewed 11073 times
Dennis Englert

Post by Dennis Englert »

As stated above you must have at least one cabinet to begin with. Countertops are constructed by connecting the dots, in this case the nodes at the corners of the cabinet. Countertops will span across an open space between two cabinets as shown in one of the previous illustrations. There does not need to be a cabinet in that space, though you could put one there to get your spacing and then delete it later. Because countertops are constructed by selecting nodes, I'd guess that you could put a cabinet in each corner of a room and the counter top would span the entire space. Not likely that you'd want that, but it's possible.

After you've selected your nodes look at the dialog box a little closer. At the bottom left there is a section titled "Apply Overhangs". You can extend any edge by the distance that you set. If you don't know whether the edge is the left or right or whatever, click on the "Designate Edges" button and review that dialog. You can even redesignate the edge so that it accepts the parameters for a different edge or in some cases, so that front, back, left or right just makes sense to you because of the orienation of the cabinets.