Wish List for Version 6

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris Harmon
Company Name: Azure Cabinets

Wish List for Version 6

Post by Chris Harmon »

I would like to see a line boring option added to Version 6 . Set up where you can reverence the first hole from the bottom (or top) and where both front and back holes are referenced from the front of the cabinet. Referencing both holes from the front would be more accurate for drawer glides. This option would be very beneficial for the cabinet builders that follow System 32.

I know that you can add a shelf, move it to the bottom, put 0 holes down and what ever amount that you need up and the remove the shelf in the nesting but that is a lot of wasted steps that leave room for a mistakes.
Nat Wheatley
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Plymouth Custom Closets

Re: Wish List for Version 6

Post by Nat Wheatley »

I'd to see this also, and was a little suprised to find that this option didn't exist.

Another drawback with using the adjustable shelf to create the holes is that I've had the shelf inadvertantly shift. Not a real problem if you're just using the holes for shelves, but definitely an issue if you're using the holes for any type of hardware.
http://www.plymouthcustomclosets.com

Dell Precision 490/ Intel Xeon 3.20 Ghz/3 GB RAM/ Nvidia Quadro FX 3450/ Windows XP, sp 3
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

The way I see it line boring is pretty much an old fashioned idea if you are using a CNC. Still it should not be too hard to add a line boring option. Since I am setup with a panel saw and a 30 spindle line bore I still make my cabinets that way. When I can move up to a CNC I just want the holes where I need them. I have actually had a customer make me cover up all of the unused holes.

Another benefit to having holes only where you need them is that mounting hardware is easier since you don't have to count holes. It also makes assembling your cabinets more idiot proof.

I also think it's a bit late for a Version 6 wish list. Version 7 maybe.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Michael Kowalczyk
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael Kowalczyk »

Hey Joe,
It's never too late to wish :lol: but I think that waiting for V7 is old thinking from what I remember reading in Jason's or Ken's post. V6.1 sounds more likely and downloaded instead of waiting for CDs by snail mail makes it not only more efficient but also a great deal more economical.
I personally hope that the door machining section is ready for V6.

OK all you beta testers, repeat after me
BETA BETA BETA
BETA BETA BETA
BETA BETA BETA
BETA BETA BETA
OK you can resume your normal day now. :roll: if anyone has one of those anymore.
Michael Kowalczyk, GM

HP-Elite Quad Core Q6700-4 MB ram, Nvidia GeForce 512 MB Dual HP 22" flat panels, Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SP1
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

I'll second the beta request. I'm ready to shake out some bugs. Besides, wouldn't it be nice to have Version 6 setup for all the folks who see it at AWFS to download? We beta testers just want to save Thermwood the trouble of having to mail out disks to thousands of people. 8)

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

As the Rock group The Who would say"You better, you better, you bet" or should that be You Beta, You Beta, You bet?

I hope I'm on the beta list Jason. I'd hate to miss the fun.

I wonder when the invitations are going out?

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Neville Bastian wrote:...I wonder when the invitations are going out?...
Most likely while you are visiting the states. :wink: