single line code

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

James Lovell
Company Name: Can-Am Specialties

single line code

Post by James Lovell »

With the 91/9100 controller, i have created a generic part for testing. After pulling up the part file, I am using the tab editor inside the menu for single line codes. The reason I have been doing this is to test out my M Codes on the machine for proper function. For example I would enter M14. M14 should be telling my fence pins to shoot up into their proper position for material alignment. My question is " Is there a way after entering a single code to stop the code without hitting the e-stop button?" If I hit M14, I cannot access the rest of the menu because obviuosly the controller thinks its still in the middle of the program. maybe the line should read as M14M0. I don't know and haven't tried that yet. I am new to manually entering G and M codes for my experience has been using Cad/Cam Software.
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: single line code

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

James,

Unless a custom macro has been created for your particular machine, M14 does not perform any function on the THM control. As far as using a program stop after a macro (M0), this needs to be done as a line of code on it's own. You can refer to the Thermwood programming manual for a list of M and G code used for programming the Thermwood control as well as for some samples of it's usage. Also, if you have been to Thermwood for machine trainnig and still have your work book, this also is a good reference for "manual" programming. As far as operating pop up pins on a Thermwood that has the automatic capability, you would typically use the Output ON call to activate them, and then the Output OFF command to deactivate them. M61L8 ( Activate Pop up pins), then M62L8 ( Deactivate Pop up pins). This works if the output #8 is tied to your pins, which is typical of late model machines sold by Thermwood.
James Lovell
Company Name: Can-Am Specialties

Post by James Lovell »

For some reason, entering single line text via the tab editor and inputing other M codes seems to work. For some reason I cannot get my pins to function at all. We have totally rebuilt each cylinder as well as the air distributor block underneath the table. It is listed in my manual as "M14" as ON, and "M15" as OFF.
Entering the single line code in the tab editor has been working for M codes. I have been able to turn on and down my, drills in the drill bank, my main spindle, my tool changer, as well as a custom add on saw. Remember I have have the 91/9100 controller which not seem similair to the 91/91000 controller that some people seem to keep refering to. This machine is from 1991 I believe. The controller software strictly works in DOSS. I have tried the "M61L8" as well as the "M62L8" codes with no prevail. Can anyone help me operate my pins?
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

You will need to find the electrical schematics for the pop up pin wiring and find out what output will operate them and then use the M61 and M62L# as mentioned earlier.