ShopBot Link manual not making sense

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

ShopBot Link manual not making sense

Post by Donald Thomson »

I am just getting started trying to use the ShopBot Link and have run into a little snag. I'm trying to get cutting tools set up in the Link. On page 23 it states "Each tool will need to be set up in Tool Management on the Thermwood Control Prior to setting up the Operations here". On page 24 of the manual it states :ShopBot Link only allows tools that are correctly set up in the 91000 Super Control's Tool Table. The tool table can be accessed by exiting ShopBot Link and pressing F9 (Tool Management), then F2 (Tool Table) keys on the keyboard".

???????????? :roll:

What is the manual talking about? When you exit ShopBot Link you are at the Windows Desktop. F9 and F2 don't do anything. Is there a whole piece of software that is needed that I have not been made aware of when I purchased ShopBot Link?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: ShopBot Link manual not making sense

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Don,

It is no secret that the Shopbot link is based on Thermwood's Control Nesting feature that runs on our 91000 SuperControl. With that said, it appears that there are a few references to this that have not been removed or changed. I see about 4 or so of them. Sorry for the confusion it may have caused you. We will try and ensure that all of these are corrected for the documentation as soon as possible. As far as setting your tooling in the ShopBot Link, you simply set it up on the tooling dialog. If you need any help with this, please feel free to give me a call.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000