Enkeboll onlays

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

ScotAcree
Company Name: Scot Acree Woodworkig LLC

Enkeboll onlays

Post by ScotAcree »

Does anybody have any of the onlays from Enkeboll?I am looking to put one on a 36" wide cabinet.The oak leaf,harvest,or grape would work for design purposes.

Thanks,Scot
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: Enkeboll onlays

Post by Gary Puckett »

Here is the Grape onlay, You will have to give it a texture

Gary
Attachments
onl-gh3.stl
(2.09 MiB) Downloaded 652 times
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Here is the Oak Leaf, you will also have to give it a texture.

Gary
Attachments
onl-oh4.stl
(6.55 MiB) Downloaded 633 times
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
ScotAcree

Post by ScotAcree »

Gary,

I appreciate the help.

I have been reading a lot of old post about using Accutrans or other software to convert to 3d files, then taking to the Part Editor to convert them.I will have to find an old post and find the instructions on how to do this.I would like to start using some pilasters,on lays,and feet in my cabinets designs.Up to this point all of my kitchens have been pretty straight forward designs, which is typical for my area.I have a couple bath vanities coming up that the clients want them to have the," furniture look",so I am in the process of researching the other forums on how to build these into my cabinet libraries.

Scot
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Scot,

Download the 3D dwg file.
Open the 3D DWG file in Intellicad. Use the File/Save As command in Intellicad to save the drawing as an AutoCad 2000 ASCII DXF ( choose this from the drop down menu in the Save AS dialog box.)
Open this new DXF file you just saved in Accutrans. Use the Save With Options. In the Save Type drop down menu choose Stero Lithography (ASCII) , stl
In the right center of this dialog box under Center Point check the Adjust box and then click on Calc below ( this makes sure your object will rotate properly in eCabinets.
Now click the save button on the bottom left of the dialog box and save the stl file where you can find it.
Open the stl file in the eCabinets Display Part editor, add texture then save as a hsf file.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Just to distinguish between the two, the Display Part Editor is used for texturing 3D objects (HSF, STL files) and the Part Editor is used to modify cabinet parts, Display Boards, Cubes and Panels.

The names are so similar that many users get them connfused and I just wanted to make sure you headed to the correct editor. :beer:
ScotAcree

Post by ScotAcree »

Dan-thank you for clearing that up for me,I did know there was a difference,just did not know what to call each one.

Gary,I have the on lays associated to the cabinet,worked great,but to do what you did, I need to get Accutrans,Intellicad,and AutoCad 2000?Should I google these for cost and more information?
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

How about this:
PE-DPE.jpg
PE-DPE.jpg (64.1 KiB) Viewed 11307 times
David Tuttle
Company Name: The Kings Woodwright

Post by David Tuttle »

ScotAcree wrote:Dan-thank you for clearing that up for me,I did know there was a difference,just did not know what to call each one.

Gary,I have the on lays associated to the cabinet,worked great,but to do what you did, I need to get Accutrans,Intellicad,and AutoCad 2000?Should I google these for cost and more information?
I'm very familiar with AutoCad, but the other two, do they have a large learning curve and are they as costly as AutoCAD? This whole HSF objects certainly make the renderings go from a "nice" to it looks like a kitchen. So time investment is worth it, but in these times the money is tight.