Machine problems

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Machine problems

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi all,
Just wondering why the attached job is stopping on certain sheets when it is drilling a 5mm hole at the toolchanger end of the machine.
Thanks in advance,
Paul.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Paul,

Can you give me a little more detail? I the machine giving you an out of bounds error on a particular axis ? Is the machine going into E-Stop? If it is going into estop, select F10, F3, F5, to veiw the message on the PLC screen.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Ryan,
Yes the machine does go into Estop. The PLC screen says:
Machine entered the protected area around the tool changer - Press NCRESET twice and home the machine.
Thanks,
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

The way it nests on my machine, line 42 is where it causes the problem. Quite possibly different on your machine. Im pretty sure jason has a copy of our machine.ini file if you need it.
Ryan Hochgesang

Paul,

I've seen what you are telling me happen before (machine gets into tool change safety zone when in operation). This situation will occur during a off fall cut the G901 is not correct or it will occur during a drilling operation with the drill bank if you are trying to use a drill towards the front of the bank that causes the machine to get in this \"zone\". I noticed you are doing a single drill but this could be with the drill bank so you will need to check the drill bank boundaries. Normally, we will set single drilling operations up so that the main router is used. The only thing that is causing me concern is that on line 42 the machine seems to be indexing well out onto the material which I don't see causing this issue, if the line you are saying is correct.
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for that info, i see what your saying. Do you know of anything I can do to fix this?
Ryan Hochgesang

Assuming the G901 location is setup accurately, I would suggest that you setup single drill operations to be done using the main router, since we know the router will access the entire table. Otherwise if you want to continue to use a single drill located on the drill bank, make sure you select the drill with the most table access. If you are using the drill bank for drilling operations, you will need to make sure to setup the DRILL BANK PARAMETERS located in the SETTINGS of Control Nesting. When setting up the drill bank parameters, you are defining the accessable area relative to the G901 position on your machine. Depending on the location of your G901, the values may be (-). I've included a sample with/without, using the x, y shift with control nesting. I've attached some information that will hopefully help you out with understanding the settings.
Attachments
Setup DBP.zip
(263.15 KiB) Downloaded 429 times