Seen it all...

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Seen it all...

Post by DanEpps »

I was stopped at a traffic light over the weekend when a man and woman pulled up alongside on a motorcycle...one of those big highway cruisers with saddle bags, trunk, stereo, etc.

When the light changed and the bike started, I saw that it had...TRAINING WHEELS!!! :shock: At first I thought it was a three-wheeler, but no, it was training wheels!!! :roll:

Now I've seen it all.
Jean G Voyer
Guru Member
Company Name: Janot Interiors Ltd

Re: Seen it all...

Post by Jean G Voyer »

How young were they?
Jean-Gabriel Voyer
Janot Interiors Ltd
www.customcabinetscalgary.com
Dell Precision PWS490, Intel Xeon CPU,3.00 GB Ram, Window XP Pro, Quadro Fx 3500
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

Oh, maybe mid-50s. I don't know which is worse--kids on crotch rockets do 90MPH or grandpa on an 800 pound cruiser with training wheels doing 30MPH. Usually, the kids are doing 90 where they should be doing 30 and the folks doing 30 are on the innterstate where they should be doing 70.
Neal Meyers Jr
Company Name: Euharlee Woodshop

Post by Neal Meyers Jr »

Dan
When I lived in Daytona Beach I saw some amazing things around Bike Week. :beer: :joker: My favorite was an elderly rider that pulled up to a stop lite and when he stopped he and his bike fell over. His buddies that were following him jumped off of their bikes and helped him stand his bike back up and held him up until the light turn green and he took off. I wanted to follow him to see if the scene repeated it-self.

:beer:
Neal Meyers Jr
Euharlee Woodshop
White GA
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

More than likely those "training wheels" are ones that lower themselves when the speed of the cycle drops below a certain speed and the instance of tipping over becomes greater. Parking or stopped at a set of lights in particular. When the bike reaches a certain speed the wheels will raise themselves. I believe Honda Goldwings have had this feature for quite some time as it is nearly impossible for the average person to lift one of those behemoths when it has toppled over. An addition that every big bike owner would never admit to wanting, but gladly accepts when it is available:)
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jason,

You raised my curiosity.

Dan,

Look at THIS SITE

Kerry
DanEpps