Where are you?

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Where are you?

Post by Neville Bastian »

I wonder if one of the computer wizs on the forum could work out how we could show all the Thermwoods in the world.
It would be interesting to see where they are and this could be a option those who want to be listed could have there details shown.
If we happen to be in that part of the world it gives us options to drop in to see other Thermwood users. It also gives people the option of knowing where they could get material cut if they are using Ecabinets.

It could be also open to Ecabinet users who may want to be listed and be available for local help from time to time.

It would be also neat if we could attach photos of our shop and maybe things of interest nearby. I could show photo's of our roads as some Ecabinet users believe we don't have roads in Australia. I could show a few photo's of the longest straight road with no bends that is 100 mile long. I think it is the longest road in the southern hemisphere if not the world.

Does anyone else think this is worthwhile. Maybe Google Earth could be used?

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Where are you?

Post by DanEpps »

Neville Bastian wrote:I wonder if one of the computer wizs on the forum could work out how we could show all the Thermwoods in the world.
How about Thermwood's Production Sharing page? It isn't quite a map but it does show locations. By the way, you aren't listed in Production Sharing.
I could show photo's of our roads as some Ecabinet users believe we don't have roads in Australia.
You talkin' 'bout me? :joker:
I could show a few photo's of the longest straight road with no bends that is 100 mile long. I think it is the longest road in the southern hemisphere if not the world.
Sounds like an exciting road to drive. :wink:
Does anyone else think this is worthwhile. Maybe Google Earth could be used?
Google Earth is a good idea. You can share your placemarks as well as photos.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

Hi Dan,
I think it was you who said Australia has no roads. Just because we drive on the left you think that is wrong. You might drive on the right but that doesn't make you right. We drive on the left because that's the British way except Japan also drives on the left but that's because of the emperor said that was right hah I mean left.
I have worked out the solution. I drive a left hand Corvette on the left hand side. Simple I have sold all the problems. Maybe we should ship some of our GM cars to you that are right hand drive so you can set the trend.

Not sure why I didn't make it into the production sharing thing. I think Jason has read my technical questions and thinks I wouldn't make the grade.
I'm hoping we can get this Google Earth thing working then I can see what type of roads you have in front of your workshops.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Post by DanEpps »

We got enough folks that drive on the wrong side of the road as it is. Sending us right-hand drive cars would just make it worse. A couple of days ago the State Patrol stopped a motorcycle doing 170MPH on the interstate! Thing is, I can't figure out how he got past all the folks driving 45MPH (in all three lanes).

If you fly to 34°47'22.14"N, 85° 1'47.34"W and zoom in until you see that camera listed as 748 Sam Love Rd, you will find a Google Streets picture of my house. It is the white one with red shutters.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

Hi Dan,
I think your lawn needs watering. You seem very close to a ridge so you must on a plateau?
I can show you where I work buts the same location as the house. 34°57'20.14"S 117°53'27.14"E Number 167 is the better view. Its the blue workshop. Looks like my lawn needs watering to. To the far right is a three car garage and behind that is my home or as known by local government, a caretaker cottage. Looks like is bin day so that must have been taken on a Thursday before 9am.
Behind me is a main highway that links Albany with Esperance. After seeing your highways is not much more than a exit lane :lol:
Its a shame the photos are low resolution.

Now we have put the cards on the table maybe a few others may like to give their lat and long settings

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Jeremy Schiffer
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Corlane Custom Cabinetry LLC

Post by Jeremy Schiffer »

Whoa! That's CREEPY. I just decided to check out my place, and there's a "street view"... oddly enough, whoever took the picture wasn't actually at the end of the driveway, so (thankfully) you can't see the shop or anything. The van next to the road? That's ours, and it's for sale. LOL... 1983 Dodge extended van, 318 engine. Runs great. $600. Comes with a FREE 1982 Dodge extended van with a 360 engine that also runs fine but needs the tranny rebuilt.

1240 Burke Road Carnesville GA 30521 will get you there on Google map.
http://www.corlanecabinetry.com

Intel Core i7-5820 3.3GHz, 16GB RAM, NVidia Quadro K2200 4GB, Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
CS-41 4x8
CS-45 5x12