Pain in the neck!!!

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

DanEpps
Wizard Member
Company Name: Dan Epps

Re: Pain in the neck!!!

Post by DanEpps »

Finally had the surgery yesterday and got home about 8:00pm last night. Everything went well and I have a couple dozen staples on my throat.

The doc says I will be pretty much out of everything for about a year. I will have to wear an electromagnetic bone growth stimulator four hours a day for a year...I can just see going through airport security eith that thing.

Our Aussie pal Neville Bastian came by to see me in the hospital. He arrived while I was in surgery and ended up waiting around a couple of hours to see me. All that time his poor wife (who wasn't feeling well) waited in the car!!! I'm sure she hates me but I love her for hanging in there and letting Neville wait for me. It sure was great to meet him.

I just wanted to make a quick post while I was lucid and before I take my meds for the evening. Everyone hang in there and I'll be back one day. :beer:
Perry Pravettone
Company Name: Unemployed Manager

Post by Perry Pravettone »

Get well soon and easy on the drugs.
Perry Pravettone
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Good luck with Recovery Dan!!
Please let us know if any one can do anything, seriously!!!
Do You think youll be able to do anything, maybe like catch up on some of your painting?
Maybe design a couple projects you can get to as your feeling better?
Hope so!
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Neal Meyers Jr
Company Name: Euharlee Woodshop

Post by Neal Meyers Jr »

Dan Keep getting well :beer:
Neal Meyers Jr
Euharlee Woodshop
White GA
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Hey Dan, I'm glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. Get well soon.
Jason Susnjara
Thermwood Team

Post by Jason Susnjara »

Hi Dan,

Glad to hear that surgery went well and hopefully you will have a speedy recovery. Neville just stopped by Thermwood this morning and he told me that you were doing good.
Jason Susnjara
V.P., Marketing
Thermwood Corp.

On YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/ThermwoodCNC
Thermwood Blog:
http://blog.thermwood.com
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Thanks folks!!! If I could just get more than 30 minutes of sleep in a stretch I would be fine. I have to sleep in a nearly upright recliner and my back's getting a bit stiff. I've got pain meds that make me sleep but I feel worse after taking them so I just get what sleep I can, when I can. Not much on TV at 3am after you're on the third repeat of all the infomercials.

Was Neville looking better when he stopped in? He was a bit blurry when I saw him (maybe it was something the doc gave me???). :joker:
Michael S Murray
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Michael S Murray »

Things have always been a bit Blurry to you Dan, quit using the meds for an excuse!!! :P :P
Mike Murray
Versatile Cabinet & Solid Surface
mike@versatilecabinet.com
http://www.versatilecabinet.com
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Everyone,
Back from the US to OZ. West Aussie was cold when I left and cold when I got back. Slow start for the Summer.
I think Dan is making up this back problem. When I saw him he wanted to go out for a meal and party on.
Maybe the pain killers had not worn off yet.
There were tubes all over the place on Dan so I think the Doctor would be a good person to have to hook up the oil & airlines at the Thermwood factory.

I was a bit disappointed in not getting taken in a few rides in Dans hot Rods. The best I could do was do heaps of miles in a Chev pickup.

Seriously Dan hope things get well and that your recovery is quick. I know the programmers at Thermwood must be missing your suggestions on how to get a few extra horsepower out of Ecabinets.

Catch ya soon Neville
Neville Australia
DanEpps
Wizard Member

Post by DanEpps »

Neville Bastian wrote:...I think Dan is making up this back problem. When I saw him he wanted to go out for a meal and party on.
Maybe the pain killers had not worn off yet.
There were tubes all over the place on Dan so I think the Doctor would be a good person to have to hook up the oil & airlines at the Thermwood factory.
What, you were there in the hospital? I wondered where that boomerang came from. :joker: Yeah, they had me pretty wired (with tubes AND drugs).
I was a bit disappointed in not getting taken in a few rides in Dans hot Rods. The best I could do was do heaps of miles in a Chev pickup.
Me too, I was looking forward to riding around with you in my roadster.
Seriously Dan hope things get well and that your recovery is quick. I know the programmers at Thermwood must be missing your suggestions on how to get a few extra horsepower out of Ecabinets.

Catch ya soon Neville
I'm feeling pretty good now that I've sort of figured out how to sleep wit a hard plastic brace on my neck. The first few days were a bit uncomfortable but I'm now sleeping throught the night and, more importantly, in a bed instead of a recliner!

I'm not so sure the programmers miss me as much as you think though. :joker: