Placing 3D Files

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Clint Buechlein

Garry Loner
Company Name: Self

Placing 3D Files

Post by Garry Loner »

FIrst, I wanna thank George Davidson (as well as the others who replied to my earlier posts). I had asked originally asked for a wire shelf, and I be danged if George did not provide me with an entire collection of wire shelfs and hardware. Thanks you very much. I am just learning this app. I am very old in my ways, but I see where this application can be a tremendous asset. I am just learning with a simple closet I am going to be doing. Luckily, it is my closet, so if I screw it up, I wont have far to go to complain. Anyway, I have the room/walls created. I have moved the HSF files and saved them with the Display Part Editor so that I can place them in my room. However, when I go to place the shelf in my room, it places it in the center of the room on the floor. I select the wall and associate it with the wall. I then select the Wall Elevation and can enter the From Left and From Bottom coordinates and it shows as it should. However, when I go back to the Main View showing all the walls, the shelf is back in the center of the room. If I do a render, it is in the center of the floor as well. I am sure that this has been asked and answered many, many times. I just hope that yall can teach an 'old dog a new trick.' Again, thanks for every thing.
:wall:
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member
Company Name: The Woodworkery

Re: Placing 3D Files

Post by Gary Puckett »

Garry,

Once you put the item in the room you must high light that item and move it manuly to where you want it to go. Sometimes you have to rotate the item also to get it to position correctly. After you thinkyou have it placed in the right spot do an overhead view to make sure it is where you want it.

Gary
HP Pavilion
Vista home Premium 64bit S. pack 2
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Garry Loner

Post by Garry Loner »

Bingo....That worked like a champ. Light is trying to come on. Still a little cloudy. For instance, I have a Wire Shelf that I received from here. IT is 18" long. I would like to increase that. I thought that I could just scale it to the proper length. However, I do not think that worked. Well, it worked, but not the results I was looking for. The length was changed, however, all the parts grew proportionally. Would I need to take the HSF files into another program?
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Can you post the HSF file

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Garry Loner

Post by Garry Loner »

Here is the file.
Attachments
wire sh 18 x 1.625 x 12 d.hsf
(32.02 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

It resized just fine, if you just want the length to grow do noy check the Preserve Aspect Ratio box.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT
Garry Loner

Post by Garry Loner »

If this is a double post I appologize. Damn computers....LOL....Anyway, I am attaching what I have before I change the length, where I am changing the length (only the Y axis to 133"), and the end results. I am getting not only the length changing, but the size of everything else associated with the shelf. Again, I really do appreciate your help.
Attachments
Shelf Graphic.doc
(67.5 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
Gary Puckett
Wizard Member

Post by Gary Puckett »

Garry,

Insted of making one long shelf, put them together in the room to get to the proper length. Or resize the length to18.833 and put 6 in a row.

Gary
HP Pavilion
AMD Phenom-X4
9850 Quad-Core Processor
6.0GB/Go Memory
1 TB/To Hard Drive
Nividia GeForce 9800 GT