Any time frame on new release Control nesting?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Any time frame on new release Control nesting?

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Ryan,
A few weeks back you said it was getting close to the new CN being released. Have you picked a date yet? Are you able to tell us what fixes will be included and new features?

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Re: Any time frame on new release Control nesting?

Post by Nick M Singer »

I think you can take that as a "no" Neville, but whilst we wait I had an idea for a feature that would be useful. I encountered a problem whereby I was nesting material for which i did not have tooling setup, therefore each pocketing operation came up with an error requiring me to stand at the controller and press OK over and over. In this case probably a hundred times or more. Could we please have a cancel button so we can stop the process and correct our error.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

I think the Thermwood guys are out partying being so close to Christmas. A new CN is not exciting I guess.
Yes exiting from a program is a pain. Now this might be difficult but could you not change the tool number on the fly? If its the wrong diameter etc this would mess up the paths but it you knew it allowed for a 16mm for example up sheer down sheer but another tool had a 16mm with disposal blades. You'd just use that.

Another thing that would be handy is knowing what sensor has shut the machine down in emergency stop mode. That way you can fast track the problem.

regards

neville
Neville Australia
Paul Ford
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Paul Ford »

Good idea guys,
It would be quite handy if when it pops up saying that the pocket tool diameter wont work if it could ask there and then on the same screen for you to enter a new diameter tool... Or even when the error pops up, ask if you want to change the diameter now, click yes and it takes you straight to "settings" or no to continue going through all the errors..
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Sorry guys but I do not know of a release date for a newer version of Control Nesting. I just wanted to address some of your other concerns. If you have version 5.48 installed, there is a cancel button under the progress bar that will stop CN during nesting. If you get pocketing errors, you can just hold down the enter key on the keyboard until all the errors are cleared and then press the cancel button at the bottom to cancel out of the remaining operations. This will allow you to go into the tooling area and properly set your tooling. Also, when the machine goes into emergency stop, you can look at the plc screen and it will tell you what input or output circuit caused the fault. Hope this helps.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member

Hi Daniel,
Thanks for the tips
The staff I have using the Thermwood are.... how would you put it.. not that familiar with input and output circuits. Its a shame that it could not trigger a popup box that lists a selection of circuits that might trigger a emergency stop. They just read that list and hey presto they know the area to look.

Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Neville,

That's basically what the plc screen does. It gives you a description of the circuit that caused the error and the input or output that circuit is. The only thing it doesn't do is pop-up on the screen.
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

[quote="Daniel Vonderheide"] If you have version 5.48 installed, there is a cancel button under the progress bar that will stop CN during nesting.

FYI While nesting the cursor will not move allowing you to click the cancel button. Same thing on the graph screen. At least on mine.

Thanks, Joe
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

If there is a message box up then yes, you cannot click on the cancel button. That is why I said hold down the enter key until all the error boxes clear, Then you can move the mouse pointer over the cancel button and click it.