Off Fall in CN 5.49

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Jeff Sallows

Off Fall in CN 5.49

Post by Jeff Sallows »

I just installed the new version of CN. I noticed that the option to change the off fall size is greyed out, and the value cannot be changed. Also when a nest does not require the whole sheet, it does not consider the leftover an off fall. Maybe I'm missing something. If someone could help shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff Sallows
Ryan Hochgesang

Re: Off Fall in CN 5.49

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Jeff,

I'm not sure if I'm clear on what your experiencing, however, did take a sample part and run through my control nesting Version 5.49 and was able to change points on off-fall sheet that I had selected. Also, the sheet in which I selected from the Off-fall selection area, was utilized for parts using the same material when nesting. For all the options of using the off-fall, you must first be sure to Select the off-fall from the library. Please let me know if I'm not getting what your trying to explain. You may also want to try downloading the update again and re-run it choosing the Repair option.
Jeff Sallows

Post by Jeff Sallows »

Hey Ryan, I answered my own question yesterday. I went to do something with "no outline cut" and noticed that the "no off fall" was checked, hence why I wasn't getting off fall.

Thanks for your input
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Thanks for the update.
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

I would like to have the option to not cut the off-fall cut but still have CN keep track of the off-fall. This is the way it was in the previous versions. Cutting some jobs I end up with more usable off-fall that way.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Joe,

Could you be more specific with how the off-fall is "more usable"?
Joe Soto
Guru Member
Company Name: Fancyridge Wood Products LLC

Post by Joe Soto »

Larry, the off-fall cut takes a 49x97 sheet and trims it down to 48.55 X 96.55 less the original parts and outline tool path. There are some times where eliminating the cut would allow a larger part to be cut out of the off-fall. Say a 24.25" x 96" countertop, the off-fall would not be large enough to nest the same part again. This is a simple part and just an example.
Thanks, Joe
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

The off-fall size that is used for nesting is the same whether or not you do the cutting. It is strange that you experienced that type of result. We will investigate this example.