Hinge & drawer slide hole patterns Gone?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Chris B Campbell

Hinge & drawer slide hole patterns Gone?

Post by Chris B Campbell »

Hey all,
Downloaded V6 DID put in the user parts at download I have my materials and drawer/doors BUT NO Hole patterns for my slides or hinges that I previously had in V5.
Any help .

Thanks,
Chris Campbell
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Re: Hinge & drawer slide hole patterns Gone?

Post by Josh Rayburn »

You can copy them from the v5 location: C:\Program Files\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\patterns
to the new v6 location: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Thermwood\eCabinet Systems\Patterns
then they will all be visible and usable.
alternatively, you can simply direct ecabs to use the old v5 directory, but I personally wouldn't recommend it.
jnr
:beer:
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Chris B Campbell

Thanks for the reply,
I did go there and my hole patterns are in the Patterns folder already and they match those in the V5 folder. Still I show 0 Hinges and slides.

Thanks again
Chris
Jim Lovejoy

Post by Jim Lovejoy »

Me too, I'm not getting it. Just installed V6 and I can't figure out how to add drawer slides and hinges with associated hole pattern to my doors or drawer boxes. I read through the help file and I can see how the software needs to have us add a list of hardware but how do you associate a hole pattern. This new system hardly seems an improvement. Before I just went to the list and got my hardware associated a hole pattern and it was done. What am I missing?
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Chris,

You will need to populate the new Define Hardware with your product. eCabinet Systems no longer sells hardware items, as I'm sure you already know. Now, if you load cabinets or jobs that have the old hardware in them, it will display a Add hardware dialog where you can add them or replace them with new ones that you created. Go to Settings & Preferences-> Define Hardware. This is where you set all your hardware items up.

Hole patterns are separate from the hardware now. You do not even have to have a hardware item selected to get it to use a pattern. If you load a cabinet and then on the new item window, select Hinges, you should see where you can select the hinge and right below it it allows you to select a pattern.
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Chris B Campbell

Thanks Scott,
I tried adding hinges to a frameless base with a partition. Holes ok in the door but put my hinge plate holes in the partition?
Is there something I am missing here?
Tried a Std Base Framless from standard cab library single door put my dowel holes for the plate in the middle of the cab again door holes were fine.

Thanks,
chris
Jim Lovejoy

Post by Jim Lovejoy »

Ouch, I'm beginning to get it but this is going to add some serious effort to putting together a new job, sorting out the various hardware items and the hole patterns and making sure they work. I think I would have passed on the upgrade had I known.

I see that we can add images to the data. Where might we find such images or do we need to invent them if we want them? Is there any way to import the old images that were associated with the hardware items before V6?

:?
Scott G Vaal
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Scott G Vaal »

Chris,

I tried it and it seems to be doing what it should. What pattern did you use?
Regards,

Scott Vaal
-Thermwood/eCabinet Systems-
Dell Precision / Xeon E3-1240 / 8GB RAM /NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Referring to Jim's post - where did all the images go that were loaded in V5 in the Program Files\Thermwood\Hardware folder for hinges and other hardware?

The only hardware images I have under V6 in the \Shared Documents folder are for:

KD Hardware
Lazy Susans
Molding
Pulls
Wood Components

Everything else is missing and is no longer in the V5 location. I sure hope the upgrade didn't delete them all from my computer without asking me first. If so, is there a place we can go to fetch all these images and put them back into the appropriate directories?
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Donald,

I think that many of those images were part of the Memeber Store that has been removed.

As I added items to the Define Hardware section (hinges, slides mounts etc.) I got the images from the appropriate Distributors web site where I purchase these products. I created a foleder named Hardware Images and I refer to it to associate an image to the hardware.

Kerry
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Post by Donald Thomson »

Hi Kerry,

I remembered I had a V5 install on my laptop. I copied all the images off there and will be incorporating them into V6. At least I hope it will work. :?
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
David Tuttle
Company Name: The Kings Woodwright

Post by David Tuttle »

I've been going at this for a while tonight trying to get a tall cabinet to get the drills for hinges. I've set up the hardware in the opening menu, I have checked my hole pattern and it's correct. But's its not putting the boring on. I'm using a v5 tall cabinet as my base for this new design is this an issue?
David Tuttle

Post by David Tuttle »

OK I've figured it out... The hinge plate pattern does not do anything, only the hinge pattern.... I had to write down every step so I could figure out what I was missing... ARGH! :wall:

3D knobs, that's the next question it seems that something can be loaded in there, as for the plates and hinges to show up in the cabinet what form do the files have to be in?
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

David, I don't think you can get the hinges and plates to show, just the associated hole patterns. That would be an unnecessary bog on system resources. You should have no problems with the knobs and pulls.
David Tuttle

Post by David Tuttle »

The file format has to be the HOOPS .hst to get the knobs to show. I can get a 3D AutoCAD file that is close to what I want from my Hafele account, but what program will allow me to convert to HOOPS. Google search shows a lot.

I'm not at a time that I want to spend a lot on software, maybe in a few more months... Or is there a place where there are all the old files? My old computer died and when I set up this one, I've retrieved some stuff off the old hardrive, and went to install eCab, and it was V6, which is kind of cool, but I'm not just plopping cabinets to get quotes.