Updates

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Marius Gouws
Company Name: Plett Roofing

Updates

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good afternoon
Ok so this morning I decides to update eCabinets to version 6 and CN to V5.50 from 5.48. Want to start Supercontrol - get the following: This application has failed to start because MFC42D.DLL was not found.
Then uninstall CN5.50 and reinstall V5.48, ok so now Supercontrol fire up again. Do F11, F2 and CN loads, but if I click on LOAD I get the folowing : eCabinets Systems V5.2 Biuld 6
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable
Click OK to try again or enter alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'eCABINETS Systems V5.2 Build 6.msi
After that: Error Unrecognize database format "c:\temp\therm.twd
After that : Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product ecabinets systems v5.2 build 6. The windiws installer cannot continue.
Any help?
Thank in advance
Marius
Daniel Vonderheide
Thermwood Team

Re: Updates

Post by Daniel Vonderheide »

Marius, The problem with the mfc42d.dll is a known issue that will only happen to a small amount of users that are still running the controller with Win 2000. Right now the only way to correct this is to rerun the 5.49 install. This issue will be addresed in the next release.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are doing with the version 6 install. It sounds like you are trying to run it through Control nesting??? If so, the ecabinets updates are software installations that are to be run indepently, in most cases, on a different computer. I most likely misunderstoood what you typed, so if this is case, please try to explain it in more detail. Thanks!!
Josh Rayburn
eCabinets Beta Tester
Company Name: Halls Edge Inc

Post by Josh Rayburn »

Daniel,
Does this mean that my old dinosaur with Win2k is likely to have problems with the update to 5.5?
If this is a known bug, could you share the info that would be helpful to check so I (and others for that matter) may not have to suffer the same frustration - or is it a hit and a miss here and there?
Many thanks,
jnr
Josh Rayburn
Hall's Edge, Inc.
CNC Machining Service

Dell Precision T3400
Win7 Professional 64 Bit/Core2Duo E8400 3ghz/4 GB Ram/NVIDIA Quadro FX570
Marius Gouws

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good morning Daniel
We are not running Win2000 we are running WinXP.
When we got our machine just a little over 3 years ago, I install ecabinets on the Supercontrol PC. I just increase the memory from the original 524meg to 2Gigs and a better graphics card, I also install Bobcad on the Supercontrol PC, so while the machine is cutting I can do work on eCabs or bobcad. In all of this time until now I never had a problem.
So yesterday I download the new installer file for ecabs (V6Build1Setup1h.exe) Close all applications and run the file, all went well. After that I start eCabs and everything is updated to version 6 and everything is working fine.Close ecabs, start up Thermwood supercontrol, hit THM Oprions (F12), hit Control Nesting(F2), Control Nesting loads no problem so far, but as soon as I click on load in Control Nesting A window pop up : Ecabinets Systems V5.2 Build 6 - Windows ia preparing the installer for Ecabinets.......blah blah blah...and then all this error messages that i describe in my first post.
Then I thought, ok let me update Control Nesting from V5.48 to V5.50 after that I got error: This application has failed to start because MFL42D.DLL was not found.
Hope I have explain it now that you understand. (English is not my first language)
Thank
Marius
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Marius,

It is highly recommended that you do not run additional software, specifically CAD/CAM on your Thermwood router control PC. This can cause unexpected issues. The Control PC is not designed with expectaion of adding any other software than what we install on it for machine operation purposes.

As far as getting your Control Nesting up and running again, I would suggest to rerun the latest update and choose the REPAIR option. Keep us up to date on your progress so we can be assured your up and running.
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

The mfc error is occuring with the 5.50 version on machines that do not have Profile Modeler installed. To get around this problem you will need to go back to a previous version of Control Nesting.

The installer issue should be resolved by running the 5.2 Build 6 update again and choosing the Remove option.
Marius Gouws

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good Morning Larry
Ok so I download the old installer ecabinets v5.2 Biuld 6, run it and choose the remove option. Start up THM, F12, F2, CN loads and I click on load , Quest what? A pop window: Windows is preparing the installer for eCabinets V5.2 Build 5! Go to add remove programs and remove all the previous eCabinets build updates, it removes it fine and it takes it off the add remove programs list, but as soon I click on load in Control Nesting the same thing happen. Any ideas?
Yesterday afternoon I try to update the Control Nesting from V5.48 to V5.51, everything seems to working fine (except the: Windows is preparing to installer for .....) First job, first seed was a square off-fall piece 420x1830, second off-fall piece was not a square piece and the 3rd a full seed, I nested everything fine then write the code, run the machine, first seed cuts fine, load the other off-fall piece (the not square one) hit start button the machine picks the 5mm drill bit, the machine start a G00 move but the y-axis keeps on past the table edge I then hit E-Stop. Look at the code and there it is: Beginning of seed 2:
SET XSHIFT = 2750.00
SET YSHIFT = 1230.000
But then the code for X and Y axis: G00 X1785. Y1475. thats way Y is running off the table
Rerun V5.51 and choose remove
Run v5.48 again an install, then take the same job with the same off-fall pices nest it and write the code everything works and cut fine.
Operating System WinXP
Machine model:C40-482
THM Vesion 6.0.8.2 (I have fill in the request for an upgrade on the Thermwood web site, but no response yet)
Thanks in advance
Marius
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

You need to download the 5.2 Build 5 installler and run the Remove option. Here is a link.

http://order.ecabinetsystems.com/update ... Build5.asp

Please send an export from Control Nesting for the other problem to cabinets@thermwood.com. We will try to reproduce the error.
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Marius,

Just wanted to let you know that we have not yet received your EXPORT file from control nesting, which we will need in order to try and reproduce your issues. Just making sure you've not emailed it and are waiting on us....

Thanks!
Marius Gouws

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good Morning
I am sending you the file right now. I am back on CN V5.48 and did an export on that, do you want me to install V5.51 and then to an export?
Thanks
Marius
Marius Gouws

Post by Marius Gouws »

Good afternoon Larry
Ok, I have download the old .EXE update (V5.2 Build 5) and run it then choose the remove. I now do not get the pop up installer window any more.
Thanks
Marius