what am i doing wrong?

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Sebastien Boileau

what am i doing wrong?

Post by Sebastien Boileau »

k so I finally figured out how to create and use a tool in Ecab. Now i'm trying to make it work on the machine, i create my part and load it up in rolling nest but all the profile cuts dont show, i added the tool in tool manager but i'm not sure what to do now....
Josh Meyer

Post by Josh Meyer »

Sabastien,
Currently you can not machine those attributes which were created using a contour and custom tool. It doesn't work with the Control Nesting Software and never has. We are currently working on the required software to allow you to machine these types of toolpaths. Look for it to be out after the first of the year!
Sebastien Boileau

Post by Sebastien Boileau »

Thanks for the info Josh, i'm guessing that mastercam works this way then, you add the tool and set it up in the machine?
Josh Meyer

Post by Josh Meyer »

Yes, Mastercam will allow you to have a more versatility over custom tool paths. You will have to set up your tool, create the toolpath, post out your program and set it up on the machine using the correct fixture offset location.
Josh Meyer

Post by Josh Meyer »

Sabastien,
I aplologize for the incorrect information. The Profile Modeler is available for the current version of THM software. It is a 2-CD upgrade that we would have to send to you. The cost of this upgrade will depend on weather or not you are a member of the Advanced Support Program and what version of software you currently have on your machine. You will need to contact Jeff Hartke or Dan Lopez in our Retrofit Department here at Thermwood. Sorry for the Confusion.