V 6 locking up my pc

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Kenneth Rychlik

V 6 locking up my pc

Post by Kenneth Rychlik »

I am running the same pc I did fine with on the old version, but with V6 I am locking up and the whole pc just freezes. I have to do a hard reboot when this happens. Even the cntl alt delete won't work.

How can I go back and get an extension on the 5.2?

I have parts to cut.

I knew I should have waited :shock:
James Newman

Re: V 6 locking up my pc

Post by James Newman »

Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

That may have been the wrong link James.

Kenneth, you might want to just call Thermwood and get your problem straightened out. I think Gary Campbell just went through the same thing, so he might also be able to help you.

I think it might be a good idea for Thermwood to extend the life of V5.2 until some of these issues get resolved.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

James is referring to the other post because I suggested switching to the Display Cube tab after loading a cabinet or assembly. There has been an issue found with directories containing large amounts of files causing the application to lock up. Please try this to see how the application responds for you.
Kenneth Rychlik

The display cube box seems to just open up a place for me to make a display cube. It didn't do anything to the cabinet. Still locking up, but not quite as often.

I like all the new features, but I hate having to buy a new pc everytime the program is upgraded. I don't care for the forced upgrade time limit either.

Kenneth
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

The reason for opening the Display Cube tab is to avoid having the Cabinets or Assemblies tab open while you work. The program is refreshing the directories when it is not necessary when these tabs remain open. This can cause excess work for the application which appears as a lock up. We will have this addressed with the next update. It is merely a work around for now.
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by Joe Dusel »

Thanks for giving us more details on the problem Larry.

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Larry,

This is probably the same problem but if you have selected the Job buy List tab and you click anywhere in the custom layout screen to do anything the buy list also refreshes. If you have a large buy list this takes up a lot of time. I have to click on the Diplsy cube tab like you were saying to speed things up

Kerry
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

Thanks for the input Kerry. We'll work on this.
Kenneth Rychlik

It seems like the Cabinets available for placing in the display on the right have every bit of information in them instead of just a link to where they are. If you have every bit of info on every cabinet in your library up at one time, that has got to be bogging down and freezing pc's everywhere.

Kenneth
Larry Epplin
Thermwood Team

Post by Larry Epplin »

You make a valid point Kenneth. Luckily eCabinets does not load all the information on each cabinet when filling the Item Window. It only loads a portion of the data that contains basic information. We are optimizing when this list is refreshed to avoid the unnecessary work for the application.
Kenneth Rychlik

When I was making some changes to a cabinet, everytime I saved that change it looks like it refreshed the whole lot of cabinets in there. I have to save changes a lot, because I never know when it's going to lock up again. I would think just a jpeg of the cabinet and a link to where the program can grab it would be plenty of info to have up on the page.

I would rather just have a tab on a tool bar on top that said cabinets. Click on it, it drops down and I pick what I want.
I don't even care that the picture of the cabinet is there. Something like DB24 (Drawer base 24 inch) would be fine with me.

It is nice to click on a cabinet and have it load instead of going through more clicks to make it happen.

Kenneth