Rolling Nest Problem - Order of operations

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Rolling Nest Problem - Order of operations

Post by David Hall »

Prior to 4.79, DXF files run through rolling nest used to always drill first. Now even after putting a 1 after the drill layer name (drill1 z0p76) and a 2 after the dado layer name (dado2 z0p376) the dado is cut first. This is causing huge problems for some of our designs where we drill pilot holes that are bisected by a blind dado.

The 1/8\" bit just snaps off when you try to drill on the edge of a dado.

Please fix this.

Can I revert to an earlier RN version by installing the update?

Regards,
Dave
Attachments
finished left end back.zip
(990 Bytes) Downloaded 406 times
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Josh Meyer

Post by Josh Meyer »

Dave,
I have seen the issue you are referring to with the dado opertions being machined before the drill operations and we are currently looking into a fix for the problem. I will let you know as soon as it is finished.
Josh Meyer

Post by Josh Meyer »

Dave
The issue with not being able to force the dado layer geometry to be machined first has been solved. You will be able to append the operation order number to each layer to control the order that it is cut. The update for Version 4.81 should be available vie the THM website momentarily.
Dave Burtchell

Post by Dave Burtchell »

Josh,

We're running 4.79 I've noticed that the tools I have set up for 1st and 2nd operations in tooling are cutting in reverse order. both are set for dado only, not drill. Is this related to the problem Dave's having?

Thanks,
Dave
David Hall
eCabinets Beta Tester

Post by David Hall »

OK, that got me through today. If I specify drill layer as Drill1 and the dado layer as dado2, for all parts on the sheet. It does the drilling first.
Drill1 and dado2 on just one part on the sheet doesn't work. (at least when the part is part2)

Can we put the default order of operations back the way it was? Pleeease.

I have standing files that must now be reworked for no good reason. I like the new features that let me control the order of operations. This is a powerful addition that let's us do more with DXF files than ever before. BUT, the new default order is causing major headaches. This is broken.

Thanks for the quick work.

Regards,
Dave
David Hall
Hall's Edge Inc.
eCabinets Machining Services
http://www.HallsEdge.com
Josh Meyer

Post by Josh Meyer »

Dave,
There will be an option added to the settings dialog in the Control Nesting software to give you that ability. It will be availble on the website as soon as it it finished.