Version 6 install location?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Dale Wills
Company Name: none

Version 6 install location?

Post by Dale Wills »

Can somewhere please explain to me why V6 eCabinets has been installed in a new location to the previous install. When I was installing it I was never given an option as to where to install it and figured it would install straight over the top of the old version. Now it appears I have a double up of install locations. I am also missing material images and can't find where they are saved in the new install location. Any help much appreciated.
Dale
Glenn Warner
Company Name: Expressions in Wood

Re: Version 6 install location?

Post by Glenn Warner »

The main program should be in the same place, but the user files (cabs, jobs,etc) are put under user data. Materials are in program data/thermwood/ecabinetsystems. You can see where the user data is stored in the settings/preferences dialog and can change it to a location of your choosing.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Dale,

I think the new installation procedure was to deal with the security features found in Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. When Microsoft changes something everyone else must make adjustments.

Kerry
Peter Walsh
Guru Member

Post by Peter Walsh »

Kerry's message refers to an after-the-fact cleanup after V6 has placed files in a spot you don't want. Upgrade messages do not offer you the option of advising where you want your User data files to be placed. This makes a messy install/upgrade. I now have to move files after the fact.
regards,