Cannot edit cabinets

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Jon Dieterlen

Cannot edit cabinets

Post by Jon Dieterlen »

I am not able to edit the cabinets in the attached job. The resize in the room lay out doesn't work, and if you take them to the CE you cannot change the size or construction settings.

I tried deleting a cabinet and placing it again. I could then edit the cabinet. I have been having problems with this in V6. Hopefully these issues will be resolved shortly.

One of the major problems that has been addressed elsewhere in this forum, is the loading of the cabinets in the pick window to the right. This takes up RAM.

I only have 1GB ram, I hope to upgrade soon in the form a new Dell laptop. It is such a hassle getting a new computer!

I also found that the wood components (turnings etc.) hogs the memory. After placing turnings, I need to save and restart the software so it is not so sluggish.

Any ideas?

Jon
Attachments
Kitchen1.esj
(2.62 MiB) Downloaded 241 times
Michael RA Greschuk

Re: Cannot edit cabinets

Post by Michael RA Greschuk »

Hello Jon,
I took your cabinets into the ce and rightclicked on it and chose to remove part editer cuts. I was able to resize your cabinet then even though there was no pe cuts on it as far as i could tell. It might help you as a work around for now. Hope it helps
Mike
Jon Dieterlen

Re: Cannot edit cabinets

Post by Jon Dieterlen »

Thanks Mike. I ended up deleting and replacing the cabinets before I read your reply. This was certainly some glitch.

After replacing the cabinets with identical replacements, they could be edited.

Thanks again!

Jon