Drawer Front Slide Mount

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

FredHirsch

Drawer Front Slide Mount

Post by FredHirsch »

Adding a drawer and drawer box V6. Can someone help me understand the Drawer Front Slide Mount and in particular how the hole pattern works. I'm trying to add the Hafele Metal Box with the Front Fixing Bracket but can't seem to understand how that Slide Mount hole pattern works.
Thanks,
Fred
Fred Hirsch
BEN HOLM

Re: Drawer Front Slide Mount

Post by BEN HOLM »

I think that this is used if you have a face frame cabinet and use the Slide bracket that mounts to the back of the cabinet (so that the slide only mounts to the face frame and sits in the rear bracket). So the hole pattern would be applied to the back panel. This is how I understand it, but have never used it.
Dell Precision M6400
Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8GHz
4GB Ram
NVIDIA Quadro FX 2700M (6.14.11.9562)
Windows XP Pro 32bit
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Ben,
Thanks for the quick reply. I did an experiment and I'm not seeing the hole patterns on drawer front, face frame or back of the box. Just not sure how this works and not finding any documentation. If this really does put hole pattern on back of drawer face, it would be a real time saver.
Thanks,
Fred
Fred Hirsch
Sean Jakob
Company Name: Sean Jakob Cabinets

Post by Sean Jakob »

Fred
It doesn't put the hole in the back of the drawer for the front fixing bracket, but I sure agree this would save lots of time and frustration if it did.

Sean

eCabinets Team:
Is there a chance that this feature could be added so that not only do you get the slide holes in the carcase, but you also get the front fixing clip hole in the back of the drawer face. Kind of similar to the hinge pattern which drills the hinge plate holes in the carcase and and the hinge holes in the back of the door.
FredHirsch

Post by FredHirsch »

Sean,
Thanks for clarifying. I saw the hole pattern option and hoped for the best :D .
Fred
Fred Hirsch
jason galbraith
Company Name: Eastcoast Ultimate

Post by jason galbraith »

Sorry to be a squeaky wheel, as i've said it before, but I DESPERATELY NEED THIS FEATURE. Having to manually put in drill holes and constrain them every time i change the height of a draw is maddening and time consuming. You can do dovetails, and put hinge holes in back of doors but not this. Please put it on the high priority list.
Core i7-2600 @ 3.70Ghz - 8 GB ram - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit - 2 x 24" ASUS monitors - Nvidia 600 Quadro 1GB graphics
www.eastcoastultimate.com.au