Making Dowel Rods?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

John J. Desmond
Company Name: American Millwork Company

Making Dowel Rods?

Post by John J. Desmond »

Why is it that after making the dowel rod from a display cube 1"x1"x16" I return to the cabinet editor which I find the dowel at an angle because that is the way I left it and click home to bring it back to normal and the picture you see is what I get. It is huge. The size stays the same but the layout get larger. What's up with that?
Test Dowel.jpg
Test Dowel.jpg (24.35 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
Thanks,
John
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Making Dowel Rods?

Post by Kerry Fullington »

John,

There must be something wrong with the sizing of your dowel. It is very small. That huge blue dot behind it is the target and eCabinets had to zoom way in to see the dowel. Make sure your dimensions are set properly. It looks like the dowel might be 1mmX1mmX16mm.
Place something else in the cabinet editor so you can see a size relationship to the dowel.

Kerry
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Re: Making Dowel Rods?

Post by Ryan Callahan »

John,

By hitting HOME, the screen is centering on the part and Zooming in. If you wish to see this in reference to a cabinet, you will need to have a cabinet in the screen with this dowel. In Autocad, this would be similar to Zoom->Extents.

Normally, you would not need to zoom in on such a small part. It is all a matter of perspective.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64