New registration everytime I start?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

markvan

New registration everytime I start?

Post by markvan »

I have been having more and more problems getting Ecabinets to start lately.

Ecabinets seems to be getting corrupted somehow...

First I am getting errors saying ecabinets base path is invalid. It cannot find the files, and I get many repeated errors saying it cant find X file.

I uninstalled, and then re-installed a couple of times, which would work temporarily, but eventually get the same errors, and the program won't start.

I have removed it, and re-installed again, several more times. Now I still get the invalid base path error, but it will start, all though it says it needs to be re-initialized, which it does, and then asks for a new registration code. So I can get ecabinets to work, but need a new registration code every time I open the program. I can work in Ecabinets, exit, and immediately restart ecabinets, and I will need a new registration code.

Attached are images of the windows that come up as I start the program currently.

I perform updates, and full scans for viruses and spyware daily. (allthough it could be possible there is still something there.... but I can't find it...)

Also which may or may not be related to this problem, the installer for Ecabinets 5.2 will start and attempt to install on it's own, untill it gets a error and cancels the install. I haven't noticed it doing this in the last few days, so maybe my downloads and installs of V6 have fixed this??? All though the installer issue seems to come and go, and also seems to occur more often depending on which user is logged onto windows.

Any Ideas? After several downloads and installs I can't seem to correct this. I may have to format c: and start from scratch.....(hope not...)
Attachments
Third message.
Third message.
Ecabinets3.jpg (17.42 KiB) Viewed 6085 times
Second message
Second message
Ecabinets2.jpg (20.9 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
First message
First message
Ecabinets1.jpg (10.77 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
Donald Thomson
Guru Member
Company Name: Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks

Re: New registration everytime I start?

Post by Donald Thomson »

The randomness of errors leans towards a possible virus? Do you have anti-virus software?
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
Diamond Lake Custom Woodworks, LLC
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
http://www.dlwoodworks.com
Donald Thomson
Guru Member

Post by Donald Thomson »

I use two anti-virus programs. McAfee and another one called SpyBot. SpyBot scans deeper and more thoroughly then McAfee.

Search for SpyBot Search & Destroy.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
markvan

Post by markvan »

Using anti-virus software (including Spybot...),

I run AntiVir anti-virus + Comodo firewall, (both from startup) Spybot S+D + Malwarebytes anti-malware, (scans about 1 a week) and recently added Spyware Terminator, running fulltime from startup. Everything seems to come up clean. I may just need to format c:, and start from scratch, because this just can't go on.....
Donald Thomson
Guru Member

Post by Donald Thomson »

Just did a reformat and rebuild on my machine. Upgraded from Windows XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro. A LOT of problems have gone away since rebuilding the machine. I run a Dell XPS with quad core processor, 6GB ram and a Radeon 4800 series graphics card with 1GB memory. I've loaded the latest build of eCabs and run it once to get it registered but I've been working on none cabinet projects for the last few weeks and haven't the need to get into the latest build yet. When I did run it I had no problems.

When I worked for Microsoft as a senior consultant and programmer I rebuilt my machine about every 6 months just to clean all the junk that applications and internet sites pooped all over my hard drive. It just became a regular thing. I'm hoping I don't have to do that with Windows 7 but you never no. I'll give it a 6 month period and see what happens.

I think reformat and rebuild might help clear up a lot of problems - especially in the registry.
Sincerely,

Don Thomson
509-671-6230
Newport, WA
markvan

Post by markvan »

Ya, I really think the root of the problems are stemming from windows, and all the crap that get's in there... My system overall is decent, I7 920, FX3500 video, 3 GB ram (typically 1 gb used and 1 gb page file !?!) Probably time for a fresh slate....

It seems' to be progressively getting worse. I really don't think that it is E-cabinets, unfortunetally, it is the program that shows all the symptoms. Ecabinets just crashed on me, (first time it shut down while working in it.....) and that was my last registration code. I guess it's back to the drawing board for me.... (literally....) I've got to get a layout sent out tonight before I leave for vacation tomorrow. Aaaargh!!

If windows 7 will prevent the regular reload of EVERYTHING....then I'll buy it. I'm not holding my breath. This kind of frustration could drive someone to use a mac...... But haven't seen the Ecabinet version for mac yet though, so windows it is...
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood Team
Company Name: Thermwood Corporation

Post by Ryan Callahan »

Mark,

At present, I am not sure why you would be forced to enter the registration code every time. That being the case, you can use the same code every time, so long as it is the same computer system. If you need me to find your code, please send me a PM with any information you might think will be useful. Usually I can find it using your eMail or company name pretty easily.

Feel free to contact us for assistance on how to make the program stop requesting your code.
Ryan Callahan
Thermwood
Dell Precision T3400 / Core 2 Quad Q9400 / 2.4GHz / 8GB RAM / 256MB NVIDIA Quadro FX3450 / Windows 7 x64