Strange problem

Discuss Thermwood 3-axis Machinery, Controller, and Software.

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Jim Bullis

Bill OConnell

Strange problem

Post by Bill OConnell »

We use eCabinets to layout our drawer boxes and cut them on our machine. A strange thing happened. I laid out one drawer box and wanted to make eight of them. We notch the back in eCabinet's Part Editor to allow for undermount slides. Five of the boxes cut just fine, but on three of them, they cut one side of the back part at an angle rather than square. I thought I just missed something and maybe they slipped when they were being cut. So I went back into Rolling Nest and just selected 3 more of the drawer backs. The machine cut one side at an angle again.

Has anyone seen anything like this?
Woodworking the Way You Want It
Ryan Hochgesang

Post by Ryan Hochgesang »

Hi Bill,

I can't say that I've heard of the machine cutting at an angle when it was not suppose to. It does sound to me like the parts are moving when being cut. I would be glad to take a look at the CNC file if you email(ryan.hochgesang@thermwood.com) it to me. If this is a programming error, the situation would occur on the same parts each time and would be obvious in the code? Is this the case? Is your table flat? Does it need to be flycut? Poor table surface conditions could contribute to part movement.