Please Thermwood let us go back to V5...!!!!!

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

Nick M Singer
Guru Member

Please Thermwood let us go back to V5...!!!!!

Post by Nick M Singer »

Need I say more!!!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: Please Thermwood let us go back to V5...!!!!!

Post by Kerry Fullington »

NIck,

I loaded V5.2 on another computer and updated it to build 7 and it works fine. I had saved my V5 libraries and jobs etc.

Anything you have converted to V6 or created in V6 won't work but you can go back.

Kerry
Jason Fabretti

Post by Jason Fabretti »

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I have created 110,00.00 in work this week all in the new v.6 and have printing issues so have been waiting for the new fix to come out. ARE YOU TELLING ME THE STUFF I CREATED WONT WORK ON THE NEW VERSION??? :fire: :fire: :fire: :wall: :wall:
Jody Wilmes
Guru Member
Company Name: Thermwood

Post by Jody Wilmes »

Jason Fabretti wrote:WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I have created 110,00.00 in work this week all in the new v.6 and have printing issues so have been waiting for the new fix to come out. ARE YOU TELLING ME THE STUFF I CREATED WONT WORK ON THE NEW VERSION??? :fire: :fire: :fire: :wall: :wall:
He means the V6 designs won't work (can't be loaded) into the old V5. You should be fine.
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Jason,

Sorry I didn't mean to panic you. I was only telling Nick that he probably could go back to V5 but he wouldn't be able to open V6 jobs in V5.

I only loaded V5 again so I could compare some things during testing. I sometimes remember things working different in V5 and I wanted a way to check them.

I have been using V6 for quite a while because of Beta testing and now when I work in V5 it seems really strange. I like V6 better.

Kerry
Mark McCallum
Guru Member

Post by Mark McCallum »

I like the new interface as well. Every day the guys are working to fix the bugs, admittedly I think this has been a dificult build for users and programers alike. Perhaps they could have waited a bit longer before they released it.
I just have to think back to when I did all the cutlists on paper. It used to bore the living daylights out of me :D . Now thanks to Thermwood we have this software to take away some of the boring bits and increase our productivity.
And the best part is they keep on tring to make it better and its "free".

I think I'll go and have some more medication. I'm feeling a bit light headed :D
Bryan J Tanner
Guru Member
Company Name: Decor Designz

Post by Bryan J Tanner »

I agree

I feel for the folk at Thermwood. It has been a very hard and frustrating release for them i feel.

Keep up the good work guys!!!! :beer:
HP Pavilion DV6
2.27 gigahertz Intel Core i5 M 430
3064 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 230M
Windows 7 Home Premium
Rick Palechuk
Wizard Member
Company Name: Milltech Millworks Ltd.

Post by Rick Palechuk »

There was a few torches and pitchforks when V5 came out too.
Denis L'Heureux
Guru Member

Post by Denis L'Heureux »

I'm with Kerry on this. Having beta tested the new V6 I fell in love with it. It took a while but it feels quite comfortable now. I wouldn't go back to V5 even if I could.
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

I don't really see big difference for myself between V5 an V6. Only the drawer box part editor.

It has been frustrating sometimes to work on the new version but we can't start pointing fingers and screaming at thermwood guys. Thy have fixed a lot of problems already and to me it seems they are working really fast - already 2 build released. I am sure they will fix the bugs pretty soon and then it's going to be a boring time in the forums again with no one to complain. Just like when everything was fixed with V5 and no one was really posting anything.

Keep up the good work guys
BenRatt

Post by BenRatt »

I had problems initially with V6, but they've all been solved and V6 is as fast as V5 was, if not faster. I bought my computer in 2006 and I'm running XP, maybe you have a hardware issue, but even with my old system V6 runs great. Thanks to Thermwood and keep up the good work!
Ben Ratterree
Blue Ridge Cabinetworks
Spartanburg, SC
http://www.blueridgecabs.com
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

I guess you guys know why we are having teething problems with 6... Its the non supply of brain food called Pizza. If my memory serves me correct, to encourage the release of 5.2 which seemed to take forever Pizza was purchased to encourage a bit of overtime. This version 6, no such offer came forth. WE can only blame ourselves. :oops:

I think we just need to realise that we do have work arounds on the problems and the slowness of new builds is the keenness to test them before fixing one hole to find another open. I am just hoping the next version may have a few less new features so we get it a bit sooner. It seemed forever the gap between 5.2 and 6. A new minor version each 6 months would be my ideal.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Joe Dusel
eCabinets Beta Tester

Re: Please Thermwood let us go to V7...!!!!!

Post by Joe Dusel »

Hey, let's go forward not back. I'm ready for Version 7 which will have a terrific line drawing editor, a molding profile editor, a more complete door editor with mid-styles and rails and a Custom Layout Editor with rendered cabinets (like it used to be). V7 will also take half the memory space - and run faster and flawlessly. Lucky 7!!!

I figure if we start beta testing next week we could have it debugged by 2017 easy. 8)

Joe
CFT411 http://www.cft411.com
Intel i7 920 @ 2.67GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA Geforce GT220 (1GB)
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hey Joe, I think the Beach Boys had a hit with Californian Dreaming. I didn't really relate to what the song was about. Thanks for your last post because its all clear to me now.

I might get into it myself. Auto dimensions on plans and elevations. Alpha and numerical routeing on cabinet parts. Mdf door creation with mid-rails, adjustment for kick-board height, control over sequence of router bits used. More than one router bit used for external edge treatment. Have to stop there, the wife told me to wake up & get back to work.
Regards Neville
Neville Australia
Georgi Baltov
Guru Member
Company Name: Top Notch Cabinets

Post by Georgi Baltov »

Or you can go to a $50K software that is pretty flexible but super complicated and takes about 1 year to integrate. The bugs will still be present and their customer support is at a super sh**ty level. You will be charged for any type of support w/ an annual fee that aways starts on the same date even if you get it later in the year. I've seen it and had to actually deal with it.

So I say let's give the guys from Thermwood some credit. They are step ahead compared to their competitors. I would like to think of them like "Mac" vs "PC". They are "Mac" except they have more bugs in their OS. They sell their hardware and software together, it's super user friendly and they have good customer support. Obviously they have to work on flexibility a bit and on debugging. Other than that for me it's the best CNC company out there for now.