how to mave an object?

Moderators: Jason Susnjara, Larry Epplin, Clint Buechlein, Scott G Vaal

chris Tomasi
Company Name: Tomasi Design

how to mave an object?

Post by chris Tomasi »

New to ecabs and doing the videos. getting the info on the vids (ie. re-watching) proves difficult due to the titles of many videos having similar headings in different chapters. Specifically, once I place a cab on a wall, how then do I put it in the place I want?
Thanks
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member
Company Name: Double E Cabinets

Re: how to mave an object?

Post by Kerry Fullington »

Chris,

Go to the wall elevation view and click on the cabinet to select it.
at the left upper corner of your screen you will see nemerical entry boxes for the Position on wall
enter the correct values there.
position.jpg
position.jpg (95.57 KiB) Viewed 4649 times
chris Tomasi

Post by chris Tomasi »

Got it, thanks!
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Chris,

You can also set the Place Mode to Free Style and enter a Move Increment for Objects then click the cabinet (or group of cabinets) and hold the shift key down and use the arrow keys to move the cabinets. They will move the distance you have entered in the Move increment box.

You can select a cabinet or group of cabinets and in Free Style you can hold the ctrl key and the right mouse button and move cabinets with the mouse. In elevation view they will move along the wall, in overhead they will move anywhere.
chris Tomasi

Post by chris Tomasi »

Hey Kerry, where do you live and can I spend a day there? A joke. No really, I'm to the point where I think that I could benefit from a personal tutorial. As my post said on Woodweb..."ecabs help in S.F. bay area? If you know of someone that'd be great. I am thinking of going back to cab planner (though it is "WAYYYYY" lacking comparitively) Thanks,
Chris
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Chris,

I have given tutorials via telephone in the past which can be helpful. You would need to buy a headset for your telephone so you can talk and type at the same time. We set up a times and you call me at the designated time and we go over different aspects of the software to get you rolling. email me at kerry@kerryfullington.com if you would like to discuss it further.

You might also consider taking the eCabinets classes at Thermwood. I would also purchase the Nearly complete guide to eCabinets. I have better luck reading a book than watching videos.

Kerry
Kerry Fullington
Wizard Member

Chris,

I hope you got an email from Dennis today with a table of contents for the training videos. It will make it easier to find things.
I also agree with his statement below from that email.
The videos were not developed with the pick-and-choose
method in mind. Overall, the video clips follow our course structure for
the week long class at Thermwood, so it is a building block process. For
example, if you go straight to putting doors on the cabinet, you've missed
the video's on how to develop a door.
I think if you follow his advice and start at the beginning and work through all the videos it will be to your benefit.
eCabinets is to involved a software to learn in a couple of days. Invest the time to learn it and I am sure you will be glad you did.

Kerry