Cnc for Solid surface like Caesar stone

Off-topic discussion that doesn't pertain to the other forums.

Moderator: Jason Susnjara

Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Cnc for Solid surface like Caesar stone

Post by Neville Bastian »

Have been playing around doing a few jobs in Caesar Stone and the clones. Using wet saws etc all by hand. We make a profit on it even though its really time consuming. The nearest CNC organised stone shop is 5 hours away so there could be a opening in my small town. Not interested in using Granite or Marble due to grain patterns. Do you think you could buy a cnc that you could use like a Thermwood where you throw on your sheet of material and let it cut and edge treatment the sheet. Have seen on you tube where you can buy a digital wall stand where you reference the points on the template made on site then it creates a autocad drawing. This is then used to make the top as per template.

Really after one machine that does away with Beam/bridge saws, edging profile machine and hand work. If anyone has seen one could you give me a web site. If you do this work yourself I would be keen to hear your thoughts.
Hopefully Thermwood won't mind mentioning brand names of stone type cnc's.
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia
Keith Neal
Company Name: Wilbedone Inc.

Re: Cnc for Solid surface like Caesar stone

Post by Keith Neal »

Our company mainly does countertop work,both stone &solid surface(Our Thermwood dedicated to Solid Surface).When we fabricate with material like Caeserstone we send it to the stone shop to be cut on our waterjet cutter.A little cleanup sanding and it comes out beautiful.
Neville Bastian
Guru Member
Company Name: Classic Cabinetry

Re: Cnc for Solid surface like Caesar stone

Post by Neville Bastian »

Hi Keith, Didn't know you could use a water jet on Caesar stone. You don't use diamond bits at all? With the edge work do you do that by hand?
Any chances of seeing a few photo's of your shop?
Regards

Neville
Neville Australia